Video - TVM's Virginia Longrifle - The full video

PDA

duelist1954
March 6, 2012, 01:04 PM
This is the full length video on shooting the Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading, Iron-Mounted, .54 caliber, Virginia flintlock longrifle. Besides shooting, we'll review the features of the rifle, show the accouterments needed to load and care for it, and we'll demonstrate the loading procedure.

Then we'll shoot big holes in stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwue7VdZimY

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - TVM's Virginia Longrifle - The full video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
March 6, 2012, 01:26 PM
Another great video Mike! I'm only a half hour from TVM and have been threatening to visit their shop for months. REALLY thinking seriously about having them build me a late Lancaster .62 with all the goodies.

junkman_01
March 6, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mike,

That was GREAT! You must have a huge wardrobe closet. Do you personally own this rifle? To be period correct, you should be cutting the patches at the muzzle, after all, you displayed a folding patch knife. Keep up the EXCELLENT work my friend. I love your videos. :D

duelist1954
March 6, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Junkman. Yup, this is my deer rifle. I usually cut the patches at the muzzle, but it is hard enough to load ta longrifle on camera without getting the muzzle pointed at your face at some point....which then unleashes a torrent of safety complaints. So I decided to eliminate one step by using pre-cut patches.

junkman_01
March 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mike,

Did you build it from their kit or buy it assembled? I like it a lot, and am considering one myself. What is the twist in your 42" barrel? I hope I'm not asking you too many questions.

duelist1954
March 6, 2012, 03:59 PM
Matt built it for me. I've built 12 flintlock rifles myself, but never to my satisfaction. The Virginia has a 42" swamped barrel, 1:72 twist.

Blue Hill
March 6, 2012, 08:49 PM
Awsome video Mike - as always. I think I want one, which is what I always say after viewing one of your productions. It's always true too. Now where did I put that lottery ticket.

robhof
March 6, 2012, 10:59 PM
DGW used to sell Tn Mtn Rifles by Maruko that looked quite similiar. They had a lot of positive reviews, but a few complaints about quality of workmanship, they seem to fetch a premium when they come up for auction. A great and informative video.

Pulp
March 7, 2012, 11:59 AM
I got tickled when after you hit Roy in the nads, you said you wanted to go higher and hit vitals. If a .54 caliber ball in the nads wont stop a fight, neither will a .54 caliber ball in the vitals.:evil:

arcticap
March 7, 2012, 12:42 PM
I liked how the .54 round ball completely devastated the soda bottles.
It was much more destructive than any of the pistol performances in any of the previous videos.
Ka-blam and then poof, the bottle was obliterated!
BTW, a similar size target that doesn't need to be replaced after every hit are bowling pins. A local gun shop will sometimes have some used ones to sell to shooters that they get from a bowling alley.

CraigC
March 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
I liked how the .54 completely devastated the soda bottles.
Does the same thing to armadillos! ;)

duelist1954
March 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, but they won't stand still long enough for me to set up the video camera. LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - TVM's Virginia Longrifle - The full video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!