Fighting terror with lard!

PDA

jsalcedo
February 12, 2004, 03:32 PM
I wonder if they will start smearing NY City landmarks with this stuff?

Pig lard to stop terror attacks
From correspondents in Jerusalem
February 12, 2004

ISRAELI police have come up with plans to place bags of pig lard on buses in a bid to deter Palestinian militants from carrying out suicide attacks, the Maariv daily reported.

Rabbinical authorities have given the idea its approval on the grounds that it could be a life-saving measure even though pigs are also considered impure by Jews.

Authorities believe that the move could discourage Palestinians from carrying out attacks as pieces of their exploded body could come into contact with the pig fat, prejudicing their chances of entering into paradise.

The paper said that the rabbinical dispensation could mean that security forces also hang bags of lard in shopping malls and schools.

Public buses have been a favourite target for Palestinian suicide bombers since the start of the intifada in September 2000.

Story here (http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8662232^13762,00.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Fighting terror with lard!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TallPine
February 12, 2004, 04:07 PM
Maybe we should try it on our airplanes ....? :D

But Minetta would probably be against letting airline pilots carry pork lard.

Biff
February 12, 2004, 04:49 PM
"PORK FAT RULES!"

TheBluesMan
February 12, 2004, 06:45 PM
Why do garlic and vampires come to mind when I read this...

:confused:

Mark Tyson
February 12, 2004, 06:53 PM
Given that thousands of celebrated mujahadeen have died covered in blood, dirt and sweat on battlefields around the globe I don't see how this can even be considered.

Pendragon
February 12, 2004, 07:08 PM
Islamicists are purported to be in immortal fear of all things swine oriented.

Since they do not seem to fear death, we need to put them in fear of losing their afterlife privledges.

Thus, the idea of "pigging" them and rendering them incapable of collecting their reward in the hereafter.

RobW
February 12, 2004, 07:14 PM
Mark Tyson: celebrated by whom, and where around the globe?

ojibweindian
February 12, 2004, 08:23 PM
Mark Tyson: celebrated by whom, and where around the globe?

Syria, Libya, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Somalia, Iran, Indonesia, certain islands in the Philipines.

hansolo
February 12, 2004, 08:48 PM
"Fighting terror with lard!"

I thought this thread was going to be about Mikey Moore:confused:

chrisher
February 12, 2004, 10:01 PM
That's what I thought, too!!!

MarkDido
February 12, 2004, 11:17 PM
Pork fat would be messy...

Maybe they could use pork rinds instead?

gunsmith
February 12, 2004, 11:36 PM
but it's not a bad idea.
Might smell funny on hot days though:evil:

Michigander
February 13, 2004, 12:24 AM
"Fighting terror with lard!"

I thought this thread was going to be about Mikey Moore

That's what I thought, too!!!

Knee slappin' funny!!!!
:D

Seriously though, would the lard be a detriment to any Jewish people, in regard to the afterlife, if it touched them?

minnesota oldie
February 13, 2004, 12:36 AM
Pork rinds? Who has the hot sauce.

Got to love them hogs.

AgaveHound
February 13, 2004, 01:44 AM
Hm, yep yep yep! I do recall that swine are considered to be unclean and any muslim that is defiled by it will be prevented from entering paradise.

IIRC, there was a certain American General in the Phillipines that used a side of bacon (hung around the neck of a terrorist), during an execution of convicted muslim terrorists that prevented more attacks for 40+ years... :cool:

Heck, anybody know who I'm refering to?

cordex
February 13, 2004, 02:06 AM
I'd wager that bags of lard would be ignored as the leaders of the militant Palestinians - who curiously never don an Allah Boot or Jihad Vest - explain to their unthinking followers that the last act of becoming a martyr will overcome the pig fat and send them right to Paradise.

But I've been wrong before.

Once.

horge
February 13, 2004, 02:11 AM
"Black Jack" Pershing in the Philippines.
In the cases I've become aware of,
execution bullets dipped in pig blood, fat and offal were used,
rather than any sort of bacon-laced hanging.

The convicted terrorists were made to dig their own graves, of course;
lots of onlookers (and even one terrorist spared) to spread the word regarding the defilement...
An Austro-Hungarian observer's report confirms that the excess pig's offal and blood was thrown into the graves before filling in with dirt.

Exceedingly effective deterrent, as it reduced the overall volume of terrorism.
However, sporadic suicide attacks by Muslims on US troops (and on both US and Filipino civilians) continued well into the 1930's, so it didn't faze everyone. I suspect cordex's 'special clerical dispensation scenario' may have been at work in some cases.

Delmar
February 13, 2004, 02:44 AM
Well, if the pig lard is not going to work, may I suggest a pig under each arm as a bus boarding pass?

HunterGatherer
February 13, 2004, 03:31 AM
Cordex has it exactly right.

We are talking about death-cult psychotics that can sit on a bus next to a two year old girl, and ten seconds later splash her guts across the schoolyard across the street.

The only way to fight these vermin is to find them, and KILL them. The second one of them opens their yap and says "DEATH TO THE INFIDEL" or some other BS, KILL THEM! Find someone taping the "Martyrs last words" KILL THEM TOO!

Arafat? DEAD! Hamas? DEAD! Hezb'Allah (or however the %&#@ it's spelled)? DEAD! Cry &*$#@*@ havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Enough of this 7th century BS!:fire: :cuss: :fire:

Stand_Watie
February 13, 2004, 04:37 AM
Along those same lines...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3221079.stm

Rabbis back Israeli 'guard pigs'

An organisation in Israel has gained rabbinical approval to train pigs to guard Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
Until now, Jewish settlements have been guarded by men with guns and also by guard dogs.

But a new idea - guard pigs - has been thought up by an organisation called The Hebrew Battalion....

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39501000/jpg/_39501623_pig203.jpg

WonderNine
February 13, 2004, 06:16 AM
Fighting terror with lard?

Oh, I thought you meant average Americans were using their excess lard to smother Al-Qaeda operatives.

Mark Tyson
February 13, 2004, 09:09 AM
Can we expect 5.56 mm Pig Lard rounds to be added to the inventory now?

TheBluesMan
February 13, 2004, 09:32 AM
The only way to fight these vermin is to find them, and KILL them.
<voice="wise old jedi">No. There is another.</voice>

There is another way to "fight these vermin," but it is much more difficult than simply killing them. We need to change their minds.

HankB
February 13, 2004, 09:45 AM
There was a story a couple of years ago about a rabbi in Israel who'd "invented" a bullet which contained a small piece of pork. The idea is that if a terrorist was shot with one of these, it would kill his soul as well as his body.

Many years ago - well before the current crop of Middle Eastern unpleasantness - I spoke to a guy who worked at the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant just outside of Minneapolis. He told me that they'd once had to shut down the lines and check everything out because of a rumor that some lubricant in the production chain was based on lard. The powers-that-be did NOT want our enemies to think we were trying to kill their souls, as it might offend them. I guess this was a very early sign of what would later come to be known as "political correctness." (No, I don't know what the results of the investigation were, nor do I know if lard-based lubricants were actually used.)

jsalcedo
February 13, 2004, 09:45 AM
We need to change their minds

Unfortunately, evil and ignorance only understands power.

Diplomacy always needs to be backed up with threat of violence and the
will to use it.

The middle east is getting much more concillatory (Libya ,Syria) now that we have plowed through Iraq.

The current policy of hunting down and killing these scumbags is probably the main reason there has not been another terrorist attack in the US.

ksnecktieman
February 13, 2004, 09:54 AM
The story you are refferring to was most commonly attributed to Gen Pershing. Snopes says it is undetermined.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.htm

To the leaders of our country I do not think there is an option here. I have a son in law in Iraq, and the Iraqi dead are being buried in accordance with Islam customs, even down to the fact their head is oriented properly with Mecca ( or whatever it is supposed to point to).

Sean Smith
February 13, 2004, 10:41 AM
I'm no Koranic scholar, but I don't think this idea really holds water:

“He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine…But if one is forced (to it) by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor trespassing due limits, - then he is guiltless. For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Qur’an 2:173)

http://www.islamic-paths.org/Home/English/FAQ/Purity/Halal_Haram.htm#2

The "translations" I've read basically just say not to eat it on purpose.

fish2xs
February 13, 2004, 10:53 AM
I just finished reading "See No Evil" from Robert Baer. I highly
recommend it. He was a CIA case officer overseas from about the
mid to late 70's until fairly recently.

In the latter part of the book he describes an idea he had where
the CIA would fly a stolen Russian cargo plane, loaded with pigs,
and drop them over Mecca during the hajj (or whatever it is called).

They never did it, but my God - would you have loved to be a part
of that or what??:evil:

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
February 13, 2004, 11:04 AM
The current policy of hunting down and killing these scumbags is probably the main reason there has not been another terrorist attack in the US.

That plus the message undoubtedly sent to the Saudi Royal Dirtbag Family that if there's another it's over for them, the oil fields will be seized and held for the public good or handed over to a competing ethnic group inside Saudi Arabia.

cordex
February 13, 2004, 11:06 AM
In the latter part of the book he describes an idea he had where
the CIA would fly a stolen Russian cargo plane, loaded with pigs,
and drop them over Mecca during the hajj (or whatever it is called).

They never did it, but my God - would you have loved to be a part
of that or what?
Not particularly.
'Course, I also wouldn't want to bomb the Vatican with aborted fetuses or run an airdrop over Calcutta with live cattle.

Some of you are forgetting your rules of gun safety which can apply elsewhere.

"Be sure of your target and what's behind it."

That applies to your proposed terror attacks on the holy places and religious sensibilities of others just as much as it applies to firing your handgun.

fish2xs
February 13, 2004, 11:15 AM
My only regret would be the loss of many tasty rib dinners. And improper
mission execution brought on from excessive giggling...

Joe Demko
February 13, 2004, 01:35 PM
Killing is only a part of the solution to the problem. Certain people will, unfortunately for them, have to be killed in order to forestall terrorist activity in the short run. In the long run, changing the way the ethnic/religious/national groups spawning the terrorists think is the only viable solution. Unless, of course, your idea is that we can somehow...terrorize...them into doing what we want; or you are a believer in the efficacy of genocide and believe we could simply kill every last one of them.
As for bombing Mecca with pigs, not only would I not want to have been a part of it, it is absolutely the most asinine idea I have ever heard in my entire life. Other than an insult to Islam, what exactly would have been accomplished?

jsalcedo
February 13, 2004, 01:54 PM
Killing them all is indeed not a solution.

Showing the willingness to kill the bad eggs is usually enough to keep the majority in line.

Insulting Islam is not much of a concern because to the fanatics every non- Muslim on earth is an infidel that needs to be converted or killed.

A good analogy is child discipline.

Have you ever seen a set of permissive parents try to raise a child without
ground rules, consistant rewards, punishments and without instilling a basic fundamental moral base reinforced with consequences?

The child turns into a sociopathic leech with no sense of right and wrong.

These fanatical and militant factions just need a good smack down once in a while to show them boundaries and consequences.

Joe Demko
February 13, 2004, 02:43 PM
Insulting Islam is not much of a concern because to the fanatics every non- Muslim on earth is an infidel that needs to be converted or killed.

This does not address what such an act would actually accomplish. How would we have gained by it?

BigG
February 13, 2004, 03:59 PM
mmmmm... chicharones... /homer simpson :D

HunterGatherer
February 13, 2004, 04:13 PM
We need to change their minds.That is the funniest thing I've read all day.

You are going to convince them to abandon their worship of death huh?

Pray tell, how?

WilderBill
February 13, 2004, 04:23 PM
I think, just to be safe and helpful, we should send a good supply of pigskin body bags to Israel for use in the removal of whatever is left of the suicide bombers.

It has occured to me that someone with more resources than patience could strike at Mecca.
It might not be a bad idea to suggest that such a thing is much more likely if the militants of the Islamic world aren't persuaded to give up their attacks ASAP.

cordex
February 13, 2004, 04:42 PM
It has occured to me that someone with more resources than patience could strike at Mecca.
It might not be a bad idea to suggest that such a thing is much more likely if the militants of the Islamic world aren't persuaded to give up their attacks ASAP.
Yeah, that'd be a good way of convincing Muslims that we're not at war with their religion.

If there was even a chance the terrorist scumbags thought they could provoke the US into attacking or defiling Mecca, they'd do it in a heartbeat. The second you say "stop, or we'll pig/destroy your holiest places", they'll redouble their attacks, and as soon as you prove that you are really at war with the religion and not just the terrorists, militants would go from a dangerous fringe group to an extremely powerful majority.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fighting terror with lard!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!