I see the light.

PDA

cyclopsshooter
March 7, 2012, 02:26 AM
:eek: The chaos I saw on a Facebook gun group tonight.. You almost can't put words to how difficult it is to reign in political and religious hate. When on the internet a heavy hand is very necessary. I suggest a sticky containing a redacted example of the very worst thread possible- Then point members there when they complain that their post was deleted or closed. I'm sure it would have shown me the light a few years ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "I see the light." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikerdoc
March 7, 2012, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the fold my friend.

Thats why the report button will now become your friend.

Stay safe,

Doc

Art Eatman
March 7, 2012, 03:49 PM
I realize that few folks actually read the stickies. This is posted up top in the Legal forum:

"Art's Grammaw, Revisited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lotsa relatively new folks here who maybe haven't figured out the "Grammaw" deal.

This website is to promote the responsible use of firearms. It's also to get the word out that we gunbugs are grownups. Responsible people. Normal, even. We're not a bunch of unshaven, unshowered, dirty clothes and fingernails weirdlies.

And part of that derives from the language we use here, and our behavior toward one another.

Don't use language that would have your grandmother bringing out the soap to wash your mouth out. Simple as that. Don't go insulting folks; she doesn't like that either.

Now, my preference in moderating is to keep it friendly and use as light a touch as an ornery old guy can. I'd rather make a joke of something than have a hissy fit. So, "Grammaw was here" is a mild warning that somebody forgot their manners.

If you're not a grownup, fake it. Act like one, anyway. Hey, I've been doin' that for years and years! "Getting bigger is mandatory; growing up is optional." Fake it.

I know it's cruel of me to ask some folks to actually think before hitting the "Post this nonsense" button. Regardless, ask yourself if your post honors or dishonors this website. After all, you're an ambassador to the world out there...

:), Art"

cyclopsshooter
March 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
Ha, I can't recall ever visiting the legal forum.. But yeah, be nice to Grams.. I actually cut and pasted THR's code of conduct and emailed it to the Facebook group owner.. hope he uses it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I see the light." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!