Need Sling Swivel Stud Screw for 10/22 Synthetic

PDA

Captains1911
March 7, 2012, 03:55 PM
How do I go about mounting sling swivel studs to a 10/22 with a synthetic stock? Do I need special screws or will the ones meant for the wood work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Sling Swivel Stud Screw for 10/22 Synthetic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmr40
March 7, 2012, 04:31 PM
They make 2 types. One uses a wood screw, the other is a machine screw with a nut for the back side. When buying the studs make sure the pack has one of each. The wood screw will work just fine in the buttstock. Just drill a pilot hole undersized. On the front you will have to drill a hole through the stock and place the nut on the threaded part of the stud. I'd use locktite to prevent it from coming out.

These type of studs are quite common and are often used on wood stocks with thinner wood on the forend.

Captains1911
March 7, 2012, 04:51 PM
Sounds simple enough, so I take it this set shoudl work.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/705310/uncle-mikes-quick-detachable-machine-screw-type-sling-swivels-1-1-4-black

jmr40
March 7, 2012, 04:53 PM
That is it. You might have to cut the machine screw a little shorter to prevent it from touching the barrel.

Captains1911
March 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the help

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Sling Swivel Stud Screw for 10/22 Synthetic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!