Anyone else see this rifle?

PDA

Ryanxia
March 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
I saw this in the latest G&A and looked online. Seems pretty cool. Their ad in G&A said you can get each extra caliber for about a third of the cost and online the rifle seems to be around $589 (if that's to be believed). So potentially a $600 rifle with $200 cost of adding a whole nother caliber.

http://dimensionrifle.tcarms.com/#{%22p%22:%220%22}

Also, a video they have on it, not the greatest but a few good shots in there.

http://dimensionrifle.tcarms.com/all-dimension-rifle-videos/#skating-down-the-mississippi-river-red-bull-mississippi-grind-2

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else see this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
March 8, 2012, 03:23 PM
Thats only if you stay with in a case base demention. Like a 260rem and a 308 No .223 and then 308 with out buying a high priced bolt to use with what ever the other caliber is. No longer any deals there.

sigpro
March 8, 2012, 03:56 PM
Pretty interesting. Maybe really the first affordable multi-caliber bolt rifle to come along.

Ryanxia
March 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
I'm going to look into it, but I believe buying 'another caliber' will come with new; barrel, bolt and magazine.

juk
March 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the one I handled the other day. It just felt a little on the cheap side. No idea as to shooting impressions. 't even remembered to look them up. I wasn't impressed with the Ruger American either, though. I may just be overly critical. Can't hurt to try to track one down and get your hands on it. You may have a different point of view.

Ryanxia
March 8, 2012, 08:18 PM
Where did you handle one juk? I would think being made by Smith & Wesson (who own TC now) it would be a decent product.

Elkins45
March 8, 2012, 11:28 PM
Wonder if you can buy a new barrel and bolt for less than a new Stevens 200 or Savage Edge?

Unless they can somehow make the scope keep zero through a barrel switch then I would just rather have two different rifles.

303tom
March 9, 2012, 01:01 AM
There is nothing wrong with Thompson/Center..................

firesky101
March 9, 2012, 02:22 AM
Yes, apparently due to the torque tools that come with the rifle, and the specific order of putting it together. The scope will hold zero, at least that was the case in the article I read. My issue is the MSRP on the bolt is $299, and the barrel+mag is $199 why would I not just buy another rifle. The bolt price seems steep, I wonder if they are including a barrel/mag with the price of a new bolt. Then I am on board.

Ar180shooter
March 9, 2012, 03:40 AM
From my understanding, there are 4 different bolt face sizes, so if you have a .243 and 7mm-08, you use the same bolt. You'd only have to change the bolt if you're going down to something like a .223 or up to a 300 Win Mag.

Ryanxia
March 9, 2012, 09:42 AM
If the barrel/mag are included with the bolt for that ridiculous price of $299 then I might be tempted.

fatcat4620
March 9, 2012, 10:03 AM
Remember there are places where you can't just go buy another rifle.

hardluk1
March 9, 2012, 04:46 PM
You can buy barrels and mags and then bolts. EABCO has the best prices at 188.00 for barrels and mags and 121 for bolt so a caliber change can run as low as 189 to as much 310 for both if changeing cartidge base size. + shipping of course. Some whole rifles are cheaper. SO is it a deal.

firesky101
March 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the real prices hardluk. I did have my suspicions that the prices were transposed in the magazine article I read (shooting times April 2012). Still unless you cannot have another rifle (laws, storage space, etc.), I am having a hard time justifying this one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else see this rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!