AK light options

PDA

Rnelson
March 8, 2012, 10:25 PM
I use my AK for evening dusk pig hunts and need a good light set up. I have been using electric tape and a streamlight and this system has worked good but I am ready to upgrade. The AK is not my primary night weapon so its a must to have convenient mount system. I am not a big fan of vertical foregrips and pressure pads. My ideal set up would be a light I can turn on and off with my left thumb.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK light options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aubie515
March 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
How about an MI picatinny rail...replaced the handguard...that way you can mount various optics...I used to work for Streamlight, so I have a ton of their lights.

benEzra
March 9, 2012, 12:06 PM
Another option than a railed handguard is an Ultimak gas tube rail, and put the light in an offset mount to have the tail switch sitting right at your left thumb.

JustinJ
March 9, 2012, 03:13 PM
There are also rail mounts that attach to barrels.

Adam123
March 9, 2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.amazon.com/handguard-Tight-tolerance-Romanian-variants/dp/B004PLVO4G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1331320994&sr=8-5

egyas
March 9, 2012, 03:45 PM
I agree. I put a quad-rail system on my Yugo Underfolder. Works quite well. It has a vertical foregrip, red-dot sight, and a flashlight mount. Although to be honest, I have never had call to use the flashlight. I just sits there, looking pretty. :)

Rnelson
March 9, 2012, 10:26 PM
I found a 11oc forward mount that looks great.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK light options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!