how would you vote

PDA

cheygriz
January 29, 2003, 09:06 PM
Question for my brethren on the forum who belong to labor unions:

If you had a choice in the next election between voting for a pro-gun, anti union candidate, or a pro union anti gun candidate, which would you choose?

If you enjoyed reading about "how would you vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mdsteele
January 29, 2003, 09:23 PM
I've allready done this. In the last election I voted pro-gun anti-union and I've been a union member for nine years. To me, freedom beats dollars hands down.

edit to add: I never thought the Patriot act would come up, and the TIPS program. What a joke!

I think from now on, I'll just vote Libertarian and try to live with what ever happens.

Schuey2002
January 29, 2003, 09:51 PM
Pro gun, anti union gets my vote.

It also depends on which "union" it is..:D

Blackhawk
January 29, 2003, 09:54 PM
Almost wish I belonged to a union so I could vote....

... pro gun and anti union. :D

cratz2
January 29, 2003, 10:03 PM
Pro gun, anti union.

The Union speaks for you. The gun gives you a voice.

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 10:35 PM
PRO-GUN-ALWAYS.:D

dude
January 29, 2003, 11:52 PM
I was in the IAW at Boeing for a few years.................no need to say anything beyond "anti union" for me to make my decesion!

Coffee357
January 29, 2003, 11:53 PM
As Kahr carrier said, "pro-gun always!" As someone who loves
America, my DUTY is to protect her and do what is best for her.
I vote in every election I am able to make it to and feel that I am
responsible for saving her if those in power ever feel they do not
have to respect the votes of her citizens. Can't do that if I am
unable to "project power", can I?

Coffee

NewShooter78
January 29, 2003, 11:55 PM
Well since I was management in my last position, I'm supposed to be anti-union anyway . :uhoh: So the choice is easy for me.

January 29, 2003, 11:58 PM
I have never really seen a candidate as being out and out anti-union, they may not let us have everything we want without an argument but that doesn't make them anti-union ( I work as a public employee and the polititions approve our union contract). But either way, I am voting pro-gun.

Member: IAFF Local 1908

mjustice
January 30, 2003, 12:07 AM
While in high school, I was in a union while working in a sporting goods chain. If I were old enough to vote then, I would have put the guns ahead of the union. These days, people in my line of work are not unionized.

Besides, what good would a union pay raise be if you couldn't spend it on guns? :)

MJ

PATH
January 30, 2003, 12:22 AM
Pro gun first and foremost.

firestar
January 30, 2003, 01:51 AM
I was in the Teamsters Union and the Plumber and Steamfitters Union at one time. All the unions could dissapear and I would feel too bad but if guns were banned.:cuss: :fire:

I can live without corrupt Union leaders stealing my money but living without my guns would really leave a void in my life.

HABU
January 30, 2003, 02:16 AM
I'm a union carpenter. Every election the union sends the membership a note on how we should vote. No suprise, always democrap. They can kiss my grits. Some of my union brothers wonder how I can vote for someone potentially contrary to my ability to earn a living. http://mazeguy.tripod.com/smilies/animal/sheep.gif http://home.midsouth.rr.com/schaftlfam/pics/Misc/sheep.gif http://flymeaway.net/images/sheep3.gif http://flymeaway.net/images/sheeple.gif Baaaaaaaaaa

Lets fill that empty spot in the smilie box with a sheep!

Triad
January 30, 2003, 02:49 AM
Some of my union brothers wonder how I can vote for someone potentially contrary to my ability to earn a living.
Ask them why they would vote for someone potentially contrary to their ability to preserve their life.

xjer
January 30, 2003, 08:00 AM
I deal with several UPS drivers that are pro gun/ avid hunters.
They are one issue voters.
They vote strictly democrat because of the union. :banghead:

Mike

Bob Locke
January 30, 2003, 08:51 PM
This is maybe the easiest question I've ever dealt with!

Safety First
January 30, 2003, 08:59 PM
58 to 0..Think that should justs about answer the question on this board, huh ?

4v50 Gary
January 30, 2003, 09:19 PM
Pro-gun, anti-union.

I even started a bargaining unit (union) once too. So much for my younger, radical labor days. Now I've joined the ranks of "bootlicking lackey dogs" who oppress the proletariat on behalf of their capitalistic masters.

EJ
January 30, 2003, 09:24 PM
I am exceptionally pro union--
I was the steward in a Union Police department for more than twelve years--We would have been miserable and many of us unemployed without the union--
BUT--
The government is esentially anti-union--
Regardless of their avowed stance--
And (especially in the case of a PD) unions are usually in direct conflict with government--

I don't think there really is a pro-union vote-- granted perhaps a bit less anti-union--

I have to be a one issue voter--PROGUN---

10-Ring
January 30, 2003, 09:25 PM
I've been anti union since high school even tho I grew up in a pro union home.

jmbg29
January 31, 2003, 12:39 AM
Now I've joined the ranks of "bootlicking lackey dogs" who oppress the proletariat on behalf of their capitalistic masters.Me like. :evil:

Joe Gunns
January 31, 2003, 12:59 AM
Pro gun!

I, too, was active in a union, was on its executive board, but voted progun, did not give money to its politcal action arm because they would spend money on antigun candidates.

RCL
January 31, 2003, 07:14 AM
I've been a union member for 25 years, but I have always been, will always be, and always vote PRO GUN. :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "how would you vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!