pick up a nickle 36 S&W

PDA

Jon Coppenbarger
March 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Got up this mourning and thought about heading to the local gun show which has been a dud the last few times I went. Then I remembered a town south of me had a antique show so I decided to blow off the gun show and went south.

So Surprise when someone had a few old guns they were selling and in a case I saw a gray two piece S&W box. I asked if there was a pistol in it and found out it was a very nice nickle model 36 with all the paper work and fantastic condition.
Was told it was loaded and that it was locked up. looked like it had not been opened since the late 1970's when it was made.

So bought it for a great price and got it home and cleaned it. typical jamed up with old oil. tapped the cylinder open and cleaned it up. boy was it gummed up but works like new now. had some old fmj 38's in it.

Even found a couple of old bayonet letter openers (mauser & enfield) for $10 each.

If you enjoyed reading about "pick up a nickle 36 S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats!

Did the antique dealer know what it was worth, or did you get a steal?

rc

BYJO4
March 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Auctions can be a great place to pick up a bargain.

rcmodel
March 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Auctions?
Who said anything about auctions?

rc

ArchAngelCD
March 10, 2012, 09:56 PM
Someone is confused lol, auction??

If you enjoyed reading about "pick up a nickle 36 S&W" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!