AK-74 mags, funny.

PDA

TurtlePhish
March 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
I got five Bulgy surplus mags at my LGS- one circle ten, three circle 21s and a circle 25 for a grand total of $100 with a couple free surplus pouches thrown in. :D I feel like I got a good deal, as I see them for $25-$30 each online before shipping.

Anyway, here's the funny part:
He sold them to me for $20 each, while he sells the Tapco Intrafuse mags for $25 apiece because he thinks the Tapcos are top-of-the-line and that the Bulgy surplus aren't as durable or reliable. :rolleyes:

Not a long story, really, but I felt like sharing something that a couple people might chuckle at. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-74 mags, funny." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aubie515
March 10, 2012, 08:52 PM
The Tapcos work in my AK74s, but they do not have the reinforced steel lips, so I'd be concerned about long term durability.

AK74 mags are getting crazy expensive as of late.

TurtlePhish
March 10, 2012, 08:54 PM
I read about a torture test, the guy simulated drops to his AK by hitting the end of the butt with a mallet. Apparently a loaded Tapco mag snapped off at the lug after five or six hits.

Rob G
March 11, 2012, 04:37 AM
while he sells the Tapco Intrafuse mags for $25 apiece

What? :what:

You can buy those on-line for around $13. No way I'd pay anywhere near that for tapcos. I think you got a good deal. Bulgy mags are awesome. Most of my 74 mags are actually Polish polymers and I find they work just as well as the Bulgy's so they're a pretty good deal too if you run across some.

dark.zero.x
March 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
Wow these went up in price, I got 30, most sanitised some 21 and a 10 for about 100. The guy I got them from was upset because when he got them he thought they were 47 magI. Needless to say I scooped all those off his table in a big hurry.

nathan
March 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Where s the idea that USA made is always better ? Tapco mag s do work but they look funky ugly. Nothing matches that beauty and function of the original. TO me the East German bakelite is the cream of the crop.

TurtlePhish
March 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
I want some East Germans but they're so expensive now :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-74 mags, funny." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!