SHTF: Shotgun vs. Hunting Rifle vs. "Assault/Battle" Rifle

PDA

TrailWolf
March 11, 2012, 01:24 AM
For a given SHTF scenario, which one platform would you rather have and why?

Keep it realistic with a $2,000 max price for firearm, optic and accessories.

1. Shotgun: pump or semi-auto

2. Hunting rifle: traditional rifle either bolt-action or lever-action - scoped or un-scoped.

3. "Assault/battle" Rifle: AR or AK or other semi-auto.

:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "SHTF: Shotgun vs. Hunting Rifle vs. "Assault/Battle" Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Agsalaska
March 11, 2012, 01:41 AM

firesky101
March 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
In before the lock.:neener:

Seriously though let me reword this for you. If you had $2000 to spend on a platform for social work, what would it be?

NG VI
March 11, 2012, 01:53 AM
I don't understand the difference between 2. and 3.

I personally like the AR platform an awful lot, if I were setting up a rifle/shotgun to do as much as possible, I'd most likely go with a decent 6.8 and some sort of lowish power scope.

Or maybe just stick with 5.56. Pretty much an ideal platform for anything but large game or bigger midsized game at longer ranges.

Jorg Nysgerrig
March 11, 2012, 03:08 AM
I'm not sure what "a given shtf scenario" is, but I'm pretty sure we aren't doing a thread on it. If you have a specific scenario in mind that is within the scope of THR, feel free to start a new thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "SHTF: Shotgun vs. Hunting Rifle vs. "Assault/Battle" Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!