MD gunowners are cool

PDA

gunsmith
February 12, 2004, 11:51 PM
http://wjz.com/localstories/local_story_042124131.html
Gun Control Debate Continues In Annapolis

Feb 11, 2004 12:41 pm US/Eastern
Gun owners showed up in force, many wearing bright red badges that remind lawmakers that gun owners vote, during a hearing at the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee members. The hearing discussed a bill that would ban sales of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. There were few supporters of the bil compared with the number of gun owners at the hearing. The bill is sponsored by Democratic Senator Rob Garagiola of Montgomery County. Garagiola says the bill is supported by a majority of Marylanders and he believes he will be able to get the six votes needed to get the bill out of committee, along with the majority of the Senate floor.

If you enjoyed reading about "MD gunowners are cool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chaim
February 13, 2004, 04:42 PM
MD gunowners are cool :o Aw shucks, thanks.

Seriously, I think with the AWB bill that was even worse than yours (the M1A is specifically mentioned and with its wording it could easily be interpreted to ban all semi-automatic handguns and rifles) we didn't have much choice but to wake up. I hope that it wasn't a one time thing and that MD gun owners have truly been awakened and will make our voices heard in this state.

JeepDriver
February 13, 2004, 05:33 PM
I was there!

I had a big old "Maryland Gun Owners Vote" badge on.

MikeK
February 13, 2004, 06:00 PM
One MD news source that actually reported on it and stated the facts. If the ant's had outnumbered us by the same margin, I'll bet the Washington Post would have had a front page story in the Metro section.

It was fun, but the fight is far from over.

bbrins
February 13, 2004, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't there. I planned on taking the second half of the day off of work to be there, but every time I was on my way out the door something else came up to keep me there. I have at least been making phone calls, sending letters, emails and generally pestering the heck out of them though. I would like to thank everyone that was there.

Girlwithagun
February 13, 2004, 09:24 PM
MD gunowners are cool

*blush* Awww...thanks.

Seriously, I have never met such a fine group of people as I did in Annapolis on Tuesday. I could tell who the gunowners were, not by their signs but by their actions. My kids and I were helped onto and off of the bus, doors were held open for us, someone even bought my kids drinks and snacks. This is something I hardly see anymore but apparently, among gunowners anyway, chivalry isn't dead.

Harry Tuttle
February 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
quite the sea change in MD

under Glendenning, the MAHAites got quite used to being fawned over by the legislators

Starting last year they were quite amazed to be asked for proof of their claims

If you enjoyed reading about "MD gunowners are cool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!