Wildey Autoloaders

PDA

GAMALOT
January 29, 2003, 10:39 PM
OK Guys, so who is the "ONE WITH KNOWLEDGE"
I have a .475, I have a bunch of Barnes X bullets,
I have had no luck getting it to run and the factory says it works fine!
I am discussing this with another member (weshoot2) but would appreciate any and all info from those with experience!
I have a small fortune tied up in this NON SHOOTER and all the accessories and it will not spit two in a row without a jamb. I am a very experienced shooter but not a reloader. This is not a case of weak wristing, the loads have been measured every way possible, cases sized and trimmed to painstaking tolerances and still the thing stoves or will not pick up the second round.
Is it the Barnes X bullets? Do any of you have knowledge of the other bullets available and how the chamber?
Like I told weshoot2, Charles Bronson won a war with this thing useing a lee hand loader. I would not take it squirrel hunting for fear I would get the little fella mad with the first shot because I blew his tree up and then have no second back up shot. This could get mighty dangerous and I can't wait to see the razzin I get but even the squirrels here in KY have family trees with NO BRANCHES. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Wildey Autoloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mete
January 29, 2003, 11:06 PM
There are many types of jams . It would be much easier if you explained exactly how it jammed.

GAMALOT
January 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
If you are aware of the gas adjustment, first chambered round fires. second round is either not picked up because slide did not go far enough. Make one click adjustment and the second round either stovepipes or nose of bullet gets hung on the feed ramp.

Porter Rockwell
January 30, 2003, 12:28 AM
GAMALOT, I had a couple of the Survivor 10 inchers some years ago.
The Barnes solids were not designed for the pistol (DOH!) and generate too much pressure.
Nowdays I"d seek some Hornady bullets for the 480 Ruger, is the factory still recommending Blue Dot for reloads? I'm guessing that AA-7 or AA-9 would be more consistant then BD.
I had a bag of extractors somewhere, the little sheet metal things would fail regularly for me.
The Wildey is an awesome gun but miserable to clean and maintain!
I wish I could find my notes, I remember opening the gas ports a couple thousands, it's been a long time.

GAMALOT
January 30, 2003, 12:35 AM
This one is a 12" survivor, the bullets are jacketed HP and solids in 250 &300 gr. Factory still says blue dot and I get the feeling that I need an adjustment indent between what is there. One click is not enough to blow back for pick up, the next click is too much and slams the face of the lead into the ramp where it sticks or jumps off and stovepipes. Thanks for your input.

Chuck Perry
January 30, 2003, 01:29 AM
Bad magazine spring maybe? Since you said you feel you need an adjustment between the two settings available, might adjusting your load instead be an option?

GAMALOT
January 30, 2003, 01:38 AM
Chuck, you could be correct but I don't have that option any longer. Gave up all the reloading equipment and depend on buddies to help in that area. We tried about every conceivable load and seat and length but were useing only the barnes X bullets and blue dot. No one was able to get it to function and back to the factory it did go THRICE- 3X. Always get it back with this note- Working Fine, please send payment!

If you enjoyed reading about "Wildey Autoloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!