Guns & Ammo TV 1851 navy torture test

PDA

Smokepole14
March 13, 2012, 12:36 AM
Did anyone see the episode of Guns & Ammo TV on the sportsman channel. They do a torture test on guns to see how well they stand up to it. This week they featured an Uberti 1851 navy London .36 caliber. They put the whole gun in quickrete mix for three days. The gun was badly rusted but still fired off one shot. Though I would image after 6 rounds or so it would bind up very easily. Still from just the way it looked it was nice to see the navy fire.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns & Ammo TV 1851 navy torture test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
March 13, 2012, 01:40 AM
They tend to be hard to watch and the results not very meaningful. Wanton destruction for no good reason.

Jaymo
March 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'm with CraigC on this one.

Busyhands94
March 13, 2012, 08:33 PM
Yep, I agree with all above comments. I don't want to watch guns get messed up, I want to see them mess up some targets.

~Levi

Smokepole14
March 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Busyhands94 Yep, I agree with all above comments. I don't want to watch guns get messed up, I want to see them mess up some targets.

~Levi

Now that I do agree with

talldragon
March 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
Wow, I used to own a (replica/don't recall the make)1851 Colt Navy .36 caliber. It was one of the nickle-plated/engraved ones w/cherry wood grips. High maintenance, but fun to shoot.
I definately would not try a torture test on one, they are not that tough.
Loud as heck and a nice flame out of the muzzle for evening shooting. That was with Pyrodex, though. Never did try real BP..:( .

cpt-t
March 14, 2012, 12:04 AM
I watch 1851 NAVY test. I watch the show and take the magazine. But I could do with out the TORTURE TEST segment. I just change changles and usually miss the rest of the show. To watch some dammage on purpose some thing that other people can not afford to buy in these hard times is unnessary and un needed. And I really don`t see what is proved yes the gun fired once but it was distroyed for all practical purposes. No one will ever get to use it and have fun with it especially some young kid. ken

Black Duck Charlie
March 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
While it is not my idea of how to treat these things, it is still good to know what they can do should the situation ever arise.

I just wish I could afford to get cable or satellite so I can watch these shows.

Jaymo
March 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
I fail to see the benefit of their tests. I watched them grill a Springfield XD on a gas grill.
Gee, Nylon melts when heated above it's melting point. NEVER would have guessed that.

Black Duck Charlie
March 19, 2012, 05:20 PM
I fail to see the benefit of any stress/torture test on anything at all, then. Gee, metal breaks when stressed beyond its tensile/shear limits. Never woulda guessed that, either.

As stated previously, it is still good to know what they can do should the situation ever arise.

rcmodel
March 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
It is hard to imagine those two duffus could devise a torture test for TV that the 1851 Colt Navy and decendents have not already endured far worse & passed in battle during the Civil war and later.

rc

Busyhands94
March 19, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hey, look at the bright side! at least it wasn't an original. Or an original Walker, I'd hate to see that.

~Levi

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns & Ammo TV 1851 navy torture test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!