I have a dream...

PDA

ccsniper
March 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
There is an old K mart that has been shut down for several years down here and I would just to share with you what I would do with it if I had the money to invest in it.

The place would be broken up to several wings; Ammo wing (which would include a reloading section that would have a reloading room in it so people could bring empty brass and have it loaded with their specifics). A small indoor range with gun rental. An accessory section (loaded with gear, scopes, mags). A gunsmith section. And finally a large selection of firearms (something like 1500 guns or more).

This is just my dream, but I wanted to share it with you.

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a dream..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountryUgly
March 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Keep the dream alive brother............can I get an AMEN........

mgmorden
March 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
The reloading room part sounds like it would be an insurance nightmare.

Personally, I'd think you'd do better to shrink down the gunsmith section (you really just need a counter to talk to folks and a back area to work in), and the possibly reduce the gun section (maybe 200-250 guns instead). Then, bump that small range up to a really, really big one. Get a good selection of rental guns so you can get in people that don't own guns (or people that do and just want to shoot something specific - I have no interest in owning a Desert Eagle but I wouldn't mind putting a box of ammo through one).

Shops that have good ranges seem to be doing a LOT better than the ones without them.

JohnBT
March 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
Like this?

It's coming any day now. They took a 3-story furniture store and built a range. And a shoot house in the basement. And a private club with a range on the second floor. And a cafe. And a gun store. And classrooms.

They have my membership deposit.

www.colonialshooting.com/content/about-csa

Beak50
March 14, 2012, 06:41 PM
That is a Beauty of a dream.Heck I'm disabled and would work there for free.Just keep dreaming like that and maybe someday a miracle will happen.

JimBoIHN
March 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
If I hit the megabucks this weekend in Vegas I'll stake you. Or even the Lion's Share at MGM. Beak gets all the free ammo he can shoot up. No .338, Beak, you hear?

bannockburn
March 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
JohnBT

That's one very nice range/gunstore/training facility you will have there in Richmond. With the Academy membership pricing it's very affordable as well. Sounds like a dream come true.

glock36
March 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
JohnBT
I wished like he** we had something like that in my neck of the woods. ccsniper keep the dream alive, I personally wish you best in achieving your dreams.

Good luck
God speed

paramedic70002
March 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
Colonial Shooting Academy - NICE

Membership required - boo hoo

I'm about an hour away, too far to invest in a membership but sure would like to visit.

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a dream..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!