ccw

PDA

byedan1
February 13, 2004, 11:47 AM
can you carry in to a wal mart or is it a against the law, i know you can not carry into a gun store and since wal mart sells firearms and ammo is it legal to carry in a wal mart if you have a ccw?

If you enjoyed reading about "ccw" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed
February 13, 2004, 12:01 PM
Who said you can't carry into a gun store? Is that a GA rule? You can carry in a Wal-Mart in AR.

Norm357
February 13, 2004, 12:04 PM
byedan1, someone has been feeding you a load of crap. I carry into Wal Mart, my local gun store, Publix, and damn well most everywhere I go. Look on the back of your permit for a general guideline for where you cant carry. I hope this helps.

Norm

hutch24
February 13, 2004, 01:17 PM
All of the places off limits to CCW should have been covered in you CCW class. :confused: If they weren't I would ask for my money back.:cuss:

SMLE
February 13, 2004, 02:22 PM
In NM, you can't carry into any place that sell liquor. even package liquor to be consumed off premises. So that means any Wal-Mart that sells liquor. In Texas, I have seen signs on the front of Wal-Marts that say no UNLICENSED fire arms allowed.

In NM, if you buy a gun at Wal-Mart, an employee will carry it out for you and give it to you outside the building.

This rule even applies to uniformed police officers wearing their service side arms. :rolleyes:

Norm357
February 13, 2004, 02:43 PM
All of the places off limits to CCW should have been covered in you CCW class. If they weren't I would ask for my money back.

In Ga you dont have to take no stinkin classes.:D

Werewolf
February 13, 2004, 03:38 PM
In Texas, I have seen signs on the front of Wal-Marts that say no UNLICENSED fire arms allowed

A CHL constitutes a license and unless that sign meets the TX 30-06 requirement Walmart be damned! Feel free to carry there.

byedan1
February 13, 2004, 04:44 PM
let me clear this up you know the signs on gun stores that say no loaded firearms in side allowed i believe this is a fedrel law and not a state law

tiberius
February 13, 2004, 04:50 PM
let me clear this up you know the signs on gun stores that say no loaded firearms in side allowed i believe this is a fedrel law and not a state law It's just store policy.

SMLE
February 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
Wally World ALLOWS licensed CCW in its stores provided that carry ALSO complies with local statutes. In NM, the State law about firearms in liquor establishments, over rides a merchant's otherwise CCW friendly policy. So, I will go the one Wal Mart I know of that does not have a liquor license.

The point I was making is that Wal Mart does not have a COMPANY policy of banning lawful carry of firearms by its customers.

Now we just need to get NM's law fixed so you can carry when you come visit. I, of course, just need to get a Florida non-resident permit to be kosher in TX.

PS, Wal Mart is also taking darn good care of its employees who are in the Reserves and NG and called to active duty. Guaranteeing their jobs, keeping up their benefits etc.

Norm357
February 13, 2004, 08:49 PM
let me clear this up you know the signs on gun stores that say no loaded firearms in side allowed i believe this is a fedrel law and not a state law

Like I said, load of crap. There is no such law.

Car Knocker
February 13, 2004, 10:20 PM
Never have seen one of them signs on a gun store. Maybe you need to patronize a better class of store.

If you enjoyed reading about "ccw" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!