Ammo Storage...

PDA

jrhines
March 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
I have a bunch of different ammo for the various guns that come into the shop. Very often I end up with a half box or so of something I bought to test a clients gun. I needed a place/way to store them so I can find them when I need to without emptying a shelf or cardboard box full of odds & ends.
The doorway to my back shop goes underneath the stairs to the first floor, about 3' wide and 3' deep. A 3' deep shelf would have been awkward at best to get to, and would have required hefty bracing to support the potential weight. I remembered my wife's spice cupboard, where you open the door and pull out one of several thin shelves to select what you want. So off to Harbor Freight for castors & lag bolts, into the wood pile for scrap lumber and over to Wally World for plastic containers. The results will hold 25+ .30-cal ammo cans or 15 small plastic see-thru boxes per shelf. Out of the way, easy to get to, now for a coat of paint......

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo Storage..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
latesvak
March 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
That looks great. I need to put something like that together to.

latesvak

Lex Luthier
March 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
Well made with the dado joints. +1

BSA1
March 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
I really like the idea for storage of ammo cans.

beatledog7
March 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
Brilliant!

22-rimfire
March 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
I store the boxes of ammo that I no longer own guns for separately. Your method works for me. I eventually give the ammo away if I know someone with the same caliber if I have no intention to buy another firearm in that caliber.

SlowFuse
March 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
I love seeing stuff like this. Well done OP.

The casters to me are the best part, you can keep the shelves against each other, but when you need a specific one you can roll out for easy access... or for ease of moving period.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo Storage..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!