THR Members of Council Bluffs, IA/Omaha, NE Area:

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 16, 2012, 12:45 AM
I was thinking today, and I'm trying to set up a range day here in a month or two down on the DNR land in Pacific Junction. Anybody interested in participating?

Participants would bring their own firearms and ammunition (of course), and it'd be a great way for a meet and greet. Plus, what better of a day could it be, being able to pop off some rounds and enjoy the good company of fellow THR members and their friends.

Let's bring this gun community closer! What say you?

Let this thread be a discussion of different little challenges, scheduling, and the like.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Members of Council Bluffs, IA/Omaha, NE Area:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45bthompson
March 16, 2012, 06:13 AM
I'm game. But I work nights and sleep mornings so unless its early afternoon I prolly won't make it.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 16, 2012, 07:41 AM
Sound good. It'll probably be on a Sunday, my only day off, sometime between like 1 an 430

Mikee Loxxer
March 16, 2012, 12:45 PM
I would be interested. Sounds like fun as long as this is a safe place to shoot.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
Sounds good. Any ideas for challenges? Little competitive games and what-not?

45bthompson
March 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
I am not familiar with the area. What kind of distance are we talking about?

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
About 20 or so miles south of Council Bluffs. Members could maybe meet at WalMart here in Manawa?

Mikee Loxxer
March 17, 2012, 09:56 PM
A rimfire rifle match would be cool.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 18, 2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah, agreed. Definitely interesting.

loganb
March 18, 2012, 11:20 PM
I'm game, I'm about 35 minutes south and east of Pacific Junction, never been to the DNR area before but always up for some range time and meeting others.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
March 19, 2012, 03:26 AM
Let me get some rounds stocked up and I'll get a date figured out. It'll be on a Sunday, my only day off, if y'all are available.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
April 5, 2012, 06:27 AM
Talking to a chap (45bthompson) I think we should make the first get-together just a range day/ meet and greet where fellow members can get to know each other and see everyone's actual interests, and later on down the road we can set up some fun, competitive matches.

Sound good?

I'm thinking sometime later this month or early May, on a Sunday, most likely, if anyone is interested in going.

Mikee Loxxer
April 5, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm game LJ, keep us posted.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
April 5, 2012, 05:11 PM
Will do. I'm looking forward to this.

chute2thrill
April 8, 2012, 03:46 AM
I live in Glenwood so I'm definatly game! PJ is like 2 minutes from here, are you talking about the Sportsmans club?

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
April 8, 2012, 04:04 AM
The DNR land, don't know about the sportsmans club.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 6, 2012, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, just so you know, the land I had planned on holding the meet is closed down for a while while they work on the levees. So we can either wait until it's opened up, or we can try and find another place to shoot free-of-charge?

Mikee Loxxer
May 8, 2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the update LJ. I am not familiar enough with the area (SW Iowa) to recommend and alternative location.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 8, 2012, 04:07 PM
A buddy said he knew of one, but he honestly confuses me beyond belief, so.

altitude_19
May 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
Sounds cool. I'll stay tuned to see if I can make it (date and place dependent).

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Members of Council Bluffs, IA/Omaha, NE Area:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!