Speed Loaders vs. Mags

PDA

PT92
March 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
I have researched this (simply out of curiosity) as to what percentage of CCW Holders carry speed-loaders for their respective revolvers as opposed to that very same question pertaning to semi-auto carriers and magazines? The only people that I personally know that use a revolver do so for either solely HD or in the case of my Uncle as a BUG absent a spare speed-loader (his primary CCW piece is a Sigma). I do know from the videos I have seen that there are some extremely proficient speed-loaders out there that make it seem as seamless as a semi-auto mag change. I have thought about revolvers for some time in a CCW capacity but always knew I would have to acclimate and become competent with the revolver reload (certainly not mandatory but would help provide that peace-of-mind).

By the way, I carry almost always a P11 (either 1or2 spare mags) but if not it's a full size semi in what we used to call Winter of which never came this year here in the "Show Me State." In fact, we had what I call an extended Fall of which in my forty years on Mother Earth I have never seen:confused:--Come to think of it, I might have carried my PT-92 or 1911 this 'Winter' less than a dozen times since Thanksgiving.

-Cheers

If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Loaders vs. Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Loaders vs. Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!