ACLU to defend Rush Limbaugh

PDA

roscoe
February 13, 2004, 06:48 PM
For all you ACLU haters, just keep in mind that this is why so many of us respect them: they will stand up for whomever needs defending, on constitutional principle alone (2nd amendment, unfortunately, excepted):

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/04/national/main586963.shtml?cmp=EM8707

If you enjoyed reading about "ACLU to defend Rush Limbaugh" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
StuporDave
February 13, 2004, 10:48 PM
I think it's fine that the ACLU is going to help out
Rush's case. I just wish they would stick to what they told me are their "rules"

I contacted the local ACLU office approx. five years ago about a case involving my son directly and me indirectly. I felt then, and still do, that our rights were trampled by local law enforcement and other gov't offices. The ACLU told me that if I had already hired a lawyer, which I had, they couldn't (wouldn't?) look into my case. They would listen to nothing further.

There's no way you can tell me that Rush doesn't have a lawyer working on this case yet. Probably has several.

Dave

HunterGatherer
February 14, 2004, 03:46 PM
they will stand up for whomever needs defending, on constitutional principle alone (2nd amendment, unfortunately, excepted)No contradiction there. No sir. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "ACLU to defend Rush Limbaugh" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!