Ruger Blackhawk question

PDA

bikemutt
March 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
I found a Ruger Blackhawk today, stainless, 10.5" barrel in very good condition. I forgot to note if it's a regular Blackhawk or a Super Blackhawk. Anyone know the answer based on the material and the barrel length? Or could be either? Thanks.

Edit: Unfluted cylinder.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Blackhawk question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
451 Detonics
March 19, 2012, 08:04 PM
The unfluted cylinder and barrel length leads me to believe it is a Super...I assume it is a 44 Magnum?

Claymore1500
March 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
Pics would make it easier, is it a new or old model, the old models in super blackhawk were .44mag. almost if not exclusively, I am not sure about the newer ones.

bikemutt
March 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
Yup, .44 magnum. I have no pictures. May be able to call the guy tomorrow to see if he can read it off the side plate.

rule303
March 19, 2012, 08:48 PM
It's a Super, the only new model .44's that weren't were the 50th anniversary flattops from 2006. The Stainless Super Blackhawks could be had with the dragoon or round trigger guard on the standard grip frame, or a Bisley grip frame.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Blackhawk question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!