Loesche 9.3 by 72R

PDA

Bowtech
March 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Here is the link to the auction. The person I bought it from bought it here.
http://www.cowanauctions.com/auctions/past-item.aspx?ItemId=102806

Anyone have any info on this mfg? I did see one other old listing for a Loesche combination gun, it seemed to be a higher grade gun, more polished metal,$4000.

I have found used dies, rcbs 3 die set, for $75. I can get the following ammo and reload it.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/61944-1.html

$53 seem good for loaded ammo. My local shop wants $75, as do the mail order places other then Cheaper than dirt.

I can get 20 pcs of norma brass for $40. I don't seem to see 193 grain bullets for reloading anywhere. They are all heavier, maybe for 9.3 by 74 or other 9.3 calibers.

I am unlike to hunt with this, just want to bring it to the range .

Read at another post that this caliber is slightly less then a 30-30. Old deer hunting caliber used by the german game wardens and german hunters.

Thanks,
Mario in NH

PS I paid about 25% less then the auction price listed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Loesche 9.3 by 72R" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
March 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Adolf Loesche was a gunsmith in Hanover, Germany, during the 1920s, but that's all I can find on him.

Bowtech
March 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks SDC.

waidmann
March 26, 2012, 04:19 PM
Bowtech, Look before you leap. Most of the older 9.3mm's are .364 not the .366 common to the later guns. You need to check out the shotgun chambers as well 65mm vs. 70mm. The Old Forester's Cartridge as it was known in Germany is about in the .38-55 class.

I, years ago obtained 193 gr. RWS SJFN from the Old Western Scrounger. I later opted for a mould from Rapine.

I am glad you got a value and not some of the ludicrous prices asked for what generates scant interest.

Post a picture of the various proofs on the watertable and we'll what tale can be told.

Waidmann

If you enjoyed reading about "Loesche 9.3 by 72R" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!