1873 Snider .577

PDA

sharpshooter81
March 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
Just got this puppy a few days ago, I know the wood is not original, it has been sporterized, but the rest of this rifle is in really good shape!! Its a Mark III, and all original except for the cut back wood (which I kinda like)....Bought this from a guy for $100 bucks, and even came with a bullet too lol

If you enjoyed reading about "1873 Snider .577" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Acorn Mush
March 20, 2012, 03:18 AM
EXCELLENT buy... er, I mean STEAL!!!:evil:
Some guys have all the luck.:D
Can you post a few more pictures? I've got a Mk I myself.

Robert
March 20, 2012, 03:25 AM
I got to handle an 1867 (I think) MkII** today at a friend's shop. I really want one. If only I had $500.

kBob
March 20, 2012, 10:37 AM
That looks nice. I would be tempted to get a repro stock and bands, but keep that original cutt down stock.

I was afraid of one about 20 years back that a guy offered to me for $75 as I did not know much about them and was not sure the barrel had not been shortened or if it wasw originally some sort of carbine. THe stock had been cut about like yours, but your metal looks much better.

I think you got a deal and a half.

-kBob

sharpshooter81
March 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
I found a barrell band on ebay today, should be here in a week or so, I'm quite happy!.....Might try to find an original stock later on some time, according to how this thing shoots!!

Hoof Hearted
March 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
The Snider can be tricky to get to shoot well......
Try the forums here: http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/
There is a ton of info there about reloading and you might even find the parts you want!

Regards, HH

If you enjoyed reading about "1873 Snider .577" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!