Equipment for training and use!

PDA

TurtlePhish
March 19, 2012, 11:41 PM
metalheartmachine.biz (http://www.metalheartmachine.biz)

My dad's new(ish) website, I thought you guys here might think this stuff is cool.

He makes wooden training weapons, mainly Japanese but he'll do pretty much anything if you contact him.

He also does some real-steel, it's on the website. Once again, if you contact him he can do pretty much anything you need.

He'll be getting into large blades soon (think swords and such). Again, if you want a big knife or something, it's completely within his abilities.

For the amount of work involved with this stuff, I think it's pretty reasonably priced.

On a less weapons-related note, he also does beer tap handles and occasional motorcycle stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "Equipment for training and use!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
conw
March 19, 2012, 11:51 PM
It is cool!

Owen Sparks
March 20, 2012, 12:04 AM
What is a kakute?

sidheshooter
March 20, 2012, 03:34 AM
Your dad must be pretty cool. Anyone who makes traditional Kobudo weapons *and* rebuilds 90's era Kawi eliminators (great old-school muscle bikes) is my kind of guy.

I may just email him and see if he will make me a Kanabo.

conw
March 20, 2012, 11:53 AM
What is a kakute?

Sounds Yiddish to me... :o

TurtlePhish
March 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
What is a kakute?

It's a metal ring with 1 to 4 spikes sticking out from one side, worn like a normal ring and easy to conceal. It's used for striking or grabs on pressure points, or it can just be used to punch.

CWL
March 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Very cool stuff!

That naginata is beautiful!

JShirley
March 21, 2012, 01:21 AM
Huh. I'd thought the Jinenkan disbanded after Shawn Havens left.

In any case, some cool stuff. I need a jutte.

If you enjoyed reading about "Equipment for training and use!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!