AR Barrel

PDA

JohnnyK
March 20, 2012, 02:17 AM
I'm looking for black AR Barrel with rail for front sight for decent price... I'm trying to put together upper. what do you recommend? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnnyK
March 20, 2012, 02:18 AM
16" barrel.

CHALK22
March 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
Google-fu, my son.

gotigers
March 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
What is your budget?
What will you be doing with this AR?

Bravo co. might have one, but most have A2 sights. MidwayUSA might have some DPMS set ups like that.

You could get any barrel and whatever gas block you wanted individually. It is not hard to find barrels with setscrew dimples or add the dimples yourself. This is what i would do.

kwelz
March 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
Noveske is the best. Followed by DD and BCM.

tarosean
March 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
Noveske is the best. Followed by DD and BCM.

?????

Funny when I think of the best its names like Lilja, Krieger, Lothar-Walther, McGowen, Shilen..

Thou I will give you credit PacNor (Noveske) is miles ahead of the other two you mentioned...

gotigers
March 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
DD and BCM are great barrels for good accuracy and longevity, but Noveske and the others tarosean mentioned are in a league of their own. White Oak makes a very good upper.

If i were building a match rifle i would want Krieger.

WinThePennant
March 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
BCM is always out of stock for what I'm looking for.

Kino74
March 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
?????

Funny when I think of the best its names like Lilja, Krieger, Lothar-Walther, McGowen, Shilen..

Thou I will give you credit PacNor (Noveske) is miles ahead of the other two you mentioned...

This. I'd also add in Hart.
http://www.hartbarrels.com/ar-15.php

gotigers
March 21, 2012, 08:41 AM
Also Compass Lake uses Douglas blanks and and WOA? Both are very good.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!