Anything comparable to a Nightforce NXS for less?

PDA

SilentStalker
March 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
As the title states I am looking for a scope that is somewhat comparable to the Nightforce NXS but for cheaper. Is there any such thing? I mean I have been looking at Steiner and Weaver as well but I am not sure how they compare to Nightforce. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anything comparable to a Nightforce NXS for less?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TXdefender
March 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
Ya, Leupold MK4. Not much cheaper but cheaper. Good luck.

taliv
March 20, 2012, 10:30 PM
comparable in what way? what do you like about NF?

SilentStalker
March 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
Taliv-I like the build quality of Nightforce, I like the turrets even though I wish there was 1/8 adjustments vs. 1/4. The clarity is excellent in the glass and I like the fact that if I want to go beat around in the woods that this scope can stand up to a rough environment. I know that is probably pretty much everything LOL but there it is. I was seriously thinking of getting one but now I am looking at that $2500 price tag with scope, mounts and all and am thinking that this might be a bit much. However, the main thing I am looking for here is quality. Zero stop would be nice to.

davebl
March 21, 2012, 02:18 PM
Swarovski

JimStC
March 21, 2012, 02:56 PM
I have two NF Varminter 5.5-22x56. Both bought used. Exceptional in all ways. No where near $2500 in both of them.
I have two Swarovski with less magnification. They are also great scopes.. Again both bought used. Less than $1600 in both.
As stated above the Leupold Mark4 is also outstanding. Lots of those are available used. I have one of those too. Very nice scope.
My point is sort of like what is said about cars: Let someone else take the depreciation hit

What is the purpose for the scope and what distances?

SilentStalker
March 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Jim. The scope would be used primarily for hunting, target shooting, and one day perhaps competition. I definitely want something that is going to last considering the amount they cost. However, I would not mind a used one. Where did you get your used scopes at? I never see used ones around here for sale.

JimStC
March 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
GunBroker. Just do a search for used NF. Saw a nice one for $1400 a few days ago.
I troll the Pawn Brokers for the best deals.
I probably am only going to buy NF going forward. I really like the features. They will last and last and have a great warranty.
My adjustments are 1/8 by the way. Not sure what you are seeing with the 1/4.

ms6852
March 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
You should consider looking at Sigthron scope with mil mil adjustment, their higher end scopes are really great. Plus their warranty is a no fault warranty. They will never fix your scope...they just send you a new one. Their customer service is premium.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anything comparable to a Nightforce NXS for less?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!