Recall of Federal Ammo

PDA

Old Dog Man
March 21, 2012, 12:40 AM
Just read where Federal is recalling 243 ammo, (243AS) lot #'s 5T561, 5T562,5T563,5T564, 5T565 & 5T566. Purchasers are to call 1-800-831-0850 or 1-800-322-2342 and ask for Product Services. Al

If you enjoyed reading about "Recall of Federal Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hdbiker
March 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
I had a problum with 100 grain .243 Federal ammo,they were clocking over 200 hundred f.p.s. faster than advertized.I called federal and they had UPS pick up the remainder of the two boxes I had and replaced them with five boxes in a couple weeks. biker

solvability
March 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
A few years ago I had Federal 30-30 ammo - every shot was splitting the case at the shoulder - I called them and they sent me 5 boxes of fresh ammo - they suggested the store had stored them with exposure to Ammonia - given the store I rather doubt it.

I was impressed with the replacement not with the explanation.

quartermaster
March 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
I haven't bought factory ammo for a long, long time. Last year, I had a friend give me a box of Federal Premium .270 WSM. I had just purchased my rifle and didn't have a chance to do any loading for it yet, so one day while I was shooting, I thought I would try it out.

I took one shot and experienced a big time case of sticky bolt. It took a bit to be able to open it. Needless to say, I pulled all the bullets, dumped the powder and used the cases to work up a load at a later date.

I don't know if these case were exposed to extreme heat like on a dash board or what happened, but it was kind of scary to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recall of Federal Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!