Democrats push union to seek gun ban in contract

PDA

F4GIB
February 13, 2004, 11:01 PM
NEWS FROM MINNESOTA.

This was received by CCRN. "a copy of the latest meat cutters and grocery worker's union newsletter (i used to work in the field) i noticed that one of the terms in their upcoming contract is trying to force Lunds/Byerlys and every other store that deals with their union into posting their property as 'defense free'."

The union is the the UFCW local 653, 763-525-1500, office hours are 8 to 4, Monday through Friday. Office is located at 505 S. Hwy 169 Plymouth MN 55441

If you enjoyed reading about "Democrats push union to seek gun ban in contract" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dorian
February 13, 2004, 11:26 PM
'defense free'

Well there you have it.... :what: :confused: :fire: :cuss: :banghead:

That is absouletly unbelieveable.:barf:

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 13, 2004, 11:34 PM
I thought unions were full of tough guys. I would expect this from a government teachers union or government worker's union.

Standing Wolf
February 14, 2004, 12:25 AM
It's easier to butcher unarmed sheep, I guess.

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 14, 2004, 12:29 AM
posting their property as 'defense free'.

Is that similar to a WELCOME sign for armed robbery?

MicroBalrog
February 14, 2004, 06:05 AM
This was received by CCRN. "a copy of the latest meat cutters and grocery worker's union newsletter (i used to work in the field) i noticed that one of the terms in their upcoming contract is trying to force Lunds/Byerlys and every other store that deals with their union into posting their property as 'defense free'."

Democrats mentioned where?

CaesarI
February 14, 2004, 07:10 AM
Micro:
In the US, Unions are Democrats. The Unions have been the largest, most loyal, most consistent members of the Democratic party since... gosh, since before color TV.

-Morgan

MicroBalrog
February 14, 2004, 07:14 AM
The original title says "Democrats push union" so as to imply that some Democrats are pressurizing the uniona -- to which end no proof has been provided.

71Commander
February 14, 2004, 08:34 AM
Since Democrat and union are synonymous, I guess the title was a little redundant.

ojibweindian
February 14, 2004, 09:31 AM
Micro

Every election cycle, every union organization I nkow of endorses a deocratic candidate.

Unions are dems, and dems are unions. It's been this way since the early 1920's at least.

jfh
February 14, 2004, 09:56 AM
the antigun forces in Minnesota are made up almost exclusively of people who are currently (or have been) DFL (Democrat-Farmer Labor, our own unique historical variant of Democrat) activists.

If one would could historically map a public record of the persons involved, there would be a 1:1 correlation between Democrats and Unions, and Democrats and antigunners.

hd1.
February 14, 2004, 12:31 PM
The Democratic Party shoots itself in the foot with it's anti-selfdefense stance. The union's leadership publically endorses Democratic candidates, while the membership often "vote their guns" in the privacy of the voting booth. It is a grave mistake for the Democratic Party to attempt to tell the union workers how they should view gun control. The Democratic Party should, instead, ask the workers what their views are. I think that many would be surprised at how many workers, who happen to belong to unions, are pro-selfdefense.

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 14, 2004, 12:46 PM
Gore found that out in Tennessee and West Virginia :D

jimpeel
February 14, 2004, 10:07 PM
Is that similar to a WELCOME sign for armed robbery?No, that's the "No Checks Accepted" sign which indicates the place is full of cash.

7.62FullMetalJacket
February 14, 2004, 10:21 PM
The "Law of Unintended Consequences" will prevail in both cases.

jimpeel
February 15, 2004, 03:00 AM
Amen

If you enjoyed reading about "Democrats push union to seek gun ban in contract" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!