40 gn behind 12" brl or 60 gr behind 9" brl

PDA

kohana
March 21, 2012, 10:24 PM
I know there is value in barrel length as well as powder charge but this question is to pit the Uberti Walker against the stainless Pietta Rem Buffalo as a hunting gun.
Which would produce the greater fps with the same bullet 40gn-12 '' or 60gn- 9''
I'm interested as I want to spend my tax return on one or the other.
Bob

If you enjoyed reading about "40 gn behind 12" brl or 60 gr behind 9" brl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zimmerstutzen
March 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
With revolvers the consideration of cylinder gap plays a part as well. The loss of pressure at the gap can cost a fair portion of velocity and power.
Inherent accuracy of the design permitting better shot placement
Walkers don't seem to be setting any accuracy records. However their power is above all the other cap and ball revs

StrawHat
March 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
kohana ...the Uberti Walker against the stainless Pietta Rem Buffalo as a hunting gun... Bob...

Bob,

First, check with the game commision in your states. Some states disallow C&B revolvers for hunting.

If you enjoyed reading about "40 gn behind 12" brl or 60 gr behind 9" brl" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!