Favorite Gun Author(s)

PDA

Swing
March 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
Just a general post. Who are you favorite gun authors and why? Any you don't care for (but keep it civil)?

I can think of a few outdoor writers that I've enjoyed over the years, but only a handful of gun authors.

Thanks. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite Gun Author(s)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrDig
March 22, 2012, 10:56 AM
Stephen Hunter, "Point of Impact" (the basis for the movie "Shooter") Bob Lee Swagger is a great Character

sigpro
March 22, 2012, 11:59 AM
+1 on Stephen Hunter- Day Before Midnight was Great.

David Morrell- More of a suspense writer, but some good gun stuff. Wrote First Blood BTW.

James Wesley Rawles- Don't know much about his other stuff, but "Patriots" was pretty good. Kinda half fiction, half survival manual.

For Sci-fi, I like John Ringo and David Drake.

Sam1911
March 22, 2012, 12:04 PM
CJ Chivers leads my list at the moment.

Hit_Factor
March 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
James Tarr

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

freyasman
March 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
I would like to say I enjoy Stephen Hunter, and Larry Correia, both.

sidheshooter
March 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Correia for sure! +1 on that, for all the right reasons.

While not a serious "gun" author, per se (I've seen a minor mistake in one of the novels,) I do enjoy Lee Childs' Reacher series. On the whole, he researches his weapons well; plus they're real page-turners.

geim druth
March 22, 2012, 11:33 PM
Larry Correia +1, and also his collaboration with MIke Kupari, called Dead Six. It started on this very forum, http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-67844.html'

Also, many of H. Beam Piper's works can be found on the internet, but you may need to search the used book sites for some of his best, like Lord Kalvan or Little Fuzzy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite Gun Author(s)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!