Muzzle flash

PDA

robertham1
March 22, 2012, 02:27 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd8a60-c5e2-7bee.jpg
I posted this in another section, but I have a question about this picture I just took. Does this look like right as the bullet is leaving the barrel or well after and it's just the flash subsiding?

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle flash" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wishn4more
March 22, 2012, 02:48 AM
I think that photo is WAY COOL. :cool: Good shot (pun intended).

After. How long after is academic. With a normal rifled round, the bulk of the gas plume is behind the projectile and any muzzle flash you see will be the last of the powder burn, which will escape once the projectile is clear.

The round may be in the ten ring when you snapped this. :D

ball3006
March 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
Cool pic. The flash is the gas from the burning powder that exits the bore after the bullet has departed. If the gas leaves the bore before the bullet, you have a serious problem with that gun. If you want to see a real flash, shoot a short Mosin Nagant.....chris3

robertham1
March 22, 2012, 12:11 PM
I've shout thousands of rounds from a short mosin nagant... Ask my shoulder!

BRE346
March 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
To answer the question, I'm of the opinion that the bullet has left and the flash has just begun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle flash" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!