Ruger SP101 22LR availability

PDA

Chuck Perry
March 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone seeing these for sale? I have been contemplating either one of these or a S&W 617. I've been watching Gunbroker for a few weeks and have yet to see an SP101 listed. A Google search yields a few listings for them, but no one seems to have them in stock. Are they that popular, or has Ruger halted production?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger SP101 22LR availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
March 22, 2012, 11:12 PM
The Ruger SP101 and S&W M617 (L frame) are not the same size revolvers. The S&W M63 (J frame) is more in line with the Ruger SP101.

No, I haven't seen a SP101 in .22 available yet. I have only seen it in the gun magazines and the Ruger site. I doubt you will get the best deal on Gunbroker, you might want to check out Bud's Gun Shop (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php) online.

ricebasher302
March 22, 2012, 11:14 PM
I saw one at my lgs and one at Cabela's in Montana this past week. The one at the lgs lasted about a day, I think.

Chuck Perry
March 22, 2012, 11:27 PM
Actually, the 617 is a K frame, not an L. I am aware of the size disparity between the two. I am looking for a 22LR to work on my double action trigger skills. Even with reloading, I can run a 22LR alot cheaper than my 686.

TennJed
March 23, 2012, 12:01 AM
My local Sportsman's Wharehouse has had them on the selfs for several months. I don't know how many they have in stock or sold, but I go in there a few times a month and they always have on hanging up

ArchAngelCD
March 23, 2012, 12:38 AM
Actually, the 617 is a K frame, not an L. I am aware of the size disparity between the two. I am looking for a 22LR to work on my double action trigger skills. Even with reloading, I can run a 22LR alot cheaper than my 686.
In that case the M617 is probable a better choice since it and the M686 are very close in weight. IMO that would be a good practice handgun although dry firing is also good for developing good trigger control.

Sorry for calling a K frame an L frame like that really matters! :rolleyes:

Chuck Perry
March 23, 2012, 01:25 AM
...or I could purchase what I want and not what you feel is the best choice for me based on your personal opinion. But thanks so much. For caring.:neener:

coffinhandler
March 25, 2012, 06:19 PM
Summitgunbroker.com has them listed on sale for 525.00, the last time I looked.

ColtPythonElite
March 25, 2012, 06:22 PM
I've seen more than one in the local GS for sale.

ewrski
March 25, 2012, 06:45 PM
I met someone on my range who just bought one. He waited a few months for it and paid $600 for it. Pretty damn expensive..

karn_evil
March 25, 2012, 07:46 PM
I want one, and have been looking around for them. The bigger shops around me say they have had a few come in, and get sold almost instantly. The smaller shops say they are 6 months deep on a waiting list.

MCgunner
March 25, 2012, 08:41 PM

For DA practice, why not a LCR .22? I saw a plethora of 'em at a gun show couple of weeks ago. No shortage of those that I could see.

I reload, but cast my own bullets from range scrap. I can run center fire about as cheap this way. All I pay for is a little bullseye and a primer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger SP101 22LR availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!