Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho/Tanfoglio

PDA

Okiegunner
March 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
What are the exact differences in these pistols?

It is my understanding that the IMI Jericho was a made in Isreal Tanfoglio, using all Tanfoglio parts, being renamed "Jericho" Also, will magazines interchange between these three pistols. (and I guess I should ask, barrels, slides, other part interchangability?)

Seems to me that these 3 are more similar, than dis-similar.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho/Tanfoglio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Giterboosted
March 27, 2012, 10:30 PM
Yes magazines will interchange and no the Jericho weren't made out of tanfoglio parts, they were essentially Cz spin offs being made with Italian parts, I've had a tanfoglio and really enjoyed it but I have a Jericho on my hip this exact moment and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it

bdb benzino
March 27, 2012, 11:55 PM
Yes magazines will interchange and no the Jericho weren't made out of tanfoglio parts, they were essentially Cz spin offs being made with Italian parts,

Tanfoglio is Italian, and I beleive they do supply parts for the Jericho!

MachIVshooter
March 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
The Jericho/Baby Eagle are Tanfoglio guns, finished in Israel. Many parts interchange, including magazines.

That said, the new Tanfoglio Force/EAA Witness are all large frame; A 9mm or .40 mag for the new generation will not fit Jericho/BDE pistols.

Okiegunner
March 28, 2012, 01:30 AM
So let me get this correct?? A newer Tanfoglio, full size frsme, will not part interchsnge with these other pistols?? I do not know for sure...but I have my doubts about this statement.

The Tanfoglio Force, is the template these other guns were made from

Am I right on this, or wrong?

Thank you for your input

bdb benzino
March 28, 2012, 01:49 AM
He is saying that all new Tanfoglio's are large frame guns except for their Classic line, and the Jericho is still based off small frame Tanfoglio's, so the MAGS won't interchnge. I beleive.

MachIVshooter
March 28, 2012, 03:39 AM
He is saying that all new Tanfoglio's are large frame guns except for their Classic line, and the Jericho is still based off small frame Tanfoglio's, so the MAGS won't interchnge. I beleive.

Correct. The trigger bar is also a no-go, since it's based on the mag well dimensions.

There are other differences too, though. The sear assy. in a Force/Witness is set up for C&L; They don't have the tang for the decocker to work. Putting a witness sear in a BDE will make the decock function inop (though you could pull the trigger with the decocker engaged and accomplish the same thing, since the FP will be retracted). The Jericho/BDE use the old pre-Witness TA-90 decocker sear.

Grips panels also won't interchange, as the BDE grip is profiled differently than the Witness.

Ash
March 28, 2012, 07:54 AM
Parts are readily available for the Jericho. and yes, they are Tanfoglio parts. small-frame parts do fit. Indeed, early Witness pistols used the same parts outside the frame and slide.

BBDartCA
March 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Correct.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho/Tanfoglio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!