New gun opportunities...

PDA

HBK
February 14, 2004, 03:16 PM
The local gun shop has some good looking used Mosin-Nagent rifles for 75 dollars. They also have one unfired unissued Yugoslavian SKS for $225. Anyone know if these are good deals?

If you enjoyed reading about "New gun opportunities..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JamisJockey
February 14, 2004, 03:42 PM
The first one is an okay deal, the SKS however is overpriced by about $100.

Kodiak AK
February 14, 2004, 03:59 PM
Actualy they are both over priced a bit . Check out AIM surpluss .

Werewolf
February 14, 2004, 04:36 PM
I agree except about the SKS...

If it's truly unissued and unfired $225 isn't bad unless you have a C&R license. You can't buy from AIM without going thru an FFL and doing the requisite transfer with corresponding fees or having a C&R of your own.

With that in mind here in OKC SKS' that aren't unissued and unfired go for between $149 and $189 depending on the gun shop. I've never been able to find an unissued/unfired one here (don't really think they exist anyway for that matter - It'd be hard to prove to me that a 30 to 50 year old military issue gun had never been fired).

If you enjoyed reading about "New gun opportunities..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!