XD 9mm tactical project

PDA

45acpRugbyProp
March 29, 2012, 06:32 AM
I bought a Springfield XD tactical 9MM for my fatherís birthday recently. I have to mid June to get it done The plan is to work on the trigger and change the sights to fiber optic. As far as the trigger goes it seems like Springer Precision makes the most common kit. Does anyone have experience with them? Is the kit worth the money? Any advice on sights? I have found Williams, Tru Glo and HI-Viz for sale. I am a fan of Meprlight but being a range gun I donít think he needs the night sights. Also, any thoughts on a titanium firing pin? Will it speed lock time enough to justify the cost? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "XD 9mm tactical project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wbwanzer
March 29, 2012, 07:16 PM
I have not done a trigger upgrade yet, but Springer and Powder River Precision are the two kits used most often with excellent results. I don't believe that anyone on the forums has ever regretted doing the trigger upgrade. I'm sure that someone who has done it will chime in soon on that issue.

I sent the slide from my XDm to Gilberts Guns to have the TruGlo sights added. Very pleased. I love fiber optics.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/Truglo001.jpg

Rodentman
April 29, 2012, 09:38 AM
I installed the Powder River drop in kit for my XDM. Very simple. Referred to their video several times during the process. trigger pull is much lower. Reset is much reduced. I am very happy with it. If I can install it, anyone can. I didn't go for the "Ultimate" kit since it requires minor fitting and I didn't want to mess with that, nor did I see any benefit to such fine tolerances. For competitive shooters, maybe....

railroader
April 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
I have the powder river ultimate trigger kit in my 4" xd9. There isn't much to the kit but it really improves the trigger. Normally the xd trigger breaks toward the rear of the trigger guard but with this kit the break is moved forward which is more comfortable for me. With this kit the takeup and trigger reset is now short. Great improvement. http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=36&categoryId=2

If you enjoyed reading about "XD 9mm tactical project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!