Oddity in searching

PDA

Canuck-IL
March 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
An apparent oddity - if I search for my user name (Advanced search screen, no other entry beyond user name), I get all the threads to which I have contributed EXCEPT a thread that I started.

Is this expected behavior?

TIA
/Bryan

ETA: perhaps the forum is not updating as per usual ... at this moment, this thread, another in Rifle I originated and another (also Rifle) that I contributed to aren't coming up in the search.
/B

If you enjoyed reading about "Oddity in searching" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
drsfmd
March 29, 2012, 08:34 PM
The answer to your first question... there's a drop box right below the name-- it offers options for "Find Posts By User" (the default) and "Find Threads Started By User".

I can't answer the second part of your question...

Canuck-IL
March 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
Yep - except logically "posts by user" should include "threads started by user" - the latter is a subset of the former.
/B

ETA: Interesting ... this thread now shows but the one I began in Rifles about 20 minutes earlier this afternoon STILL does not show up...search by user posts OR by user threads started. Search on the title however "Mauser pricing" and it does appear.

If a mod bumps into this and can shed some light, the thread is ...
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=651973

/B

If you enjoyed reading about "Oddity in searching" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!