Volquartsen Parts and Upgrades: Worth the $

PDA

CmdrSlander
March 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
I will soon be purchasing a Ruger MKIII Target Model for high volume target shooting. I am considering adding an optic and perhaps a new barrel for it down the line. Is Volquartsen as good as so many say they are? Their prices are fairly high, but I'm willing to save to get quality and I find their unique designs appealing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Volquartsen Parts and Upgrades: Worth the $" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg528iT
March 29, 2012, 07:34 PM
I want to shoot one to see what the fuss is about. See if it can make my new Mark iii even smoother than the factory 2.5 lb trigger pull and cut a single ragged hole at 15 yards. If it can top that, I'll be all over it.

Granted the stock trigger pull is a tad long, but so far my only complaint is, that the serrations on the trigger are still sharp and abrade my finger tip. My 1950's Mark i, the trigger serrations are nicely worn in and it pulls at a steep 2 lbs. ;)

vvanders
March 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
In a word, yes.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6774240551_0e6a2bae5c_z.jpg

I've done the trigger/sear swap and it's hard to beat for $/value. Improves an already great trigger to a fantastic one.

45_auto
March 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
I've also done the Volquartsen trigger swap on my MkIII and it is one of the best things you can spend your gun money on. Unbelievably crisp trigger. Get the MkII trigger set and bushing, it drops right into the MKIII and gets rid of that aggravating magazine safety.

rule303
March 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
Yes!!

Fishbed77
March 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yes. The Volquarsten sear and trigger are worth every penny (neither cost very much to begin with). Get a Sam Lam bushing while you're at it and call it a day.

Steve CT
March 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, done it twice, and I'd do it again without any hesitation.

alienbogey
March 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
Yes.

Pilot
March 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yes.

csa77
March 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
yes, i was doubting them myself but bought the full set of mkII parts for my MKIII 22/45 though midway when they were on sale(trigger sear hammer extractor bushings ect).....it makes a tremendous difference.

exavid
March 30, 2012, 01:31 AM
I can't say what it does for the Ruger pistols but installing a Volquartsen trigger assembly in my 10/22 made a whole different rifle out of it for adult small bore competition at my gun club. If the pistol kit is anywhere near as good it's well worth the money.

wally
March 30, 2012, 04:24 AM
I'm not a precision shooter, preferring speed shooting of steel plates, and because of the volume of ammo required, I like to use the cheap bulk pack ammo. The Volquartsen "exact edge" extractor has paid for its self many times over by making my Ruger .22s extraction/ejection reliable with bulk pack ammo.

For my purposes I'm fine with the stock triggers, especially after they've run a few thousand rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Volquartsen Parts and Upgrades: Worth the $" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!