Molon Labe and John Force

PDA

Lennyjoe
February 14, 2004, 07:43 PM
Just got back from the drags today at the local race track.

Got a picture of me and my favorite driver. John Force. Notice my Molon Labe hat?

He put it down the track today at 318 mph @ 4.85 sec. Now thats cooking.

Oh yea, I passed up shooting the new 30-06 today for this. Well worth it!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pd8c6b505e697653a0fe957829c6c3fbf/f99f9403.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon Labe and John Force" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
February 14, 2004, 07:48 PM
Very, very cool, Lennyjoe! I've always liked John Force, he is the ultimate AA type personality in his sport. :) Just once, I would love to feel the acceleration that he feels on a daily basis in his Funny Cars. I doubt that he ever tires of it.

Did he wear the cap on the ride or did it just go along for the ride?

CZSteve
February 14, 2004, 08:07 PM
Ditto: Very Cool Indeed.

When younger (secretly still do) always wanted to be a Top Fuel Pilot; not insane enough to want to drive a Funny Car.
5000+ hp motor between your legs in a short wheel base:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gotta love the SWEET smell of nitromethane in the morning.

blades67
February 14, 2004, 11:15 PM
Good on ya Lennyjoe!:D

P95Carry
February 14, 2004, 11:31 PM
Drag is for NOW!! 30-06 can wait ... good decision Lenny - wish I'd been there.
Love what those guys do ... the shortest and probably most intense adrenalin rush .... except for .. well, hmmm ...... you know what!!:p

Top_Notch
February 15, 2004, 12:42 AM
Force is the man in Top Fuel Funny Car. Those cars haul. Something you have to experience to believe.

Lennyjoe
February 15, 2004, 01:09 AM
I do believe it was a good decision to go.

Mom in law is here this weekend so I wont be able to go again tomorrow. Gotta do the tourist thing.

Range visit is scheduled for Monday.

Gonna go out to Tucson Gun club at 3 points and do some shooting.

Mom's gonna have to spend Monday with her daughter. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon Labe and John Force" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!