Calibers: Buy(s), Sale(s) and Keeper(s)?

PDA

coalman
March 30, 2012, 01:22 PM
Guns are a hobby for most shooters. I try-then-buy or buy-to-try to see what I like. Some stick, some don't. And, it's been this way with service caliber choices. I figure it's the same with most.

Poll pretty much covers it. Poll is limited to 20 options so I chose 9mm, .40sw, .357sig, 10mm and .45acp in service calibers. Gun make or model does not matter. Comments welcome.

Thanks for indulging me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calibers: Buy(s), Sale(s) and Keeper(s)?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountryUgly
March 30, 2012, 01:37 PM
Intersting poll I Like It. Personally I keep the 9mm cause it's fun and cheap to shoot. The 40S&W was a Purchase thinking it was the end all be all for SD seemed like a good comprimise all the way around I was wrong and I'll leave it at that. The 45acp is well the 45acp 'nuff said. I really don't see the niche .357sig fills and the 10mm peaks my interest as a hunting round.

RhinoDefense
March 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have 9mm, 10mm, and .45 ACP. I have no interest in .40 S&W or .357 SIG whatsoever.

Inebriated
March 30, 2012, 05:06 PM
No interest in 9mm
No interest in .40 S&W
About to buy a .357 Sig
Want to buy a 10mm
Have all .45's

The 9mm will come in the form of an extra barre with the .357, so I can practice cheaper.

Swing
March 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
Run three of them (9mm, .40 S&W, .45ACP).

GLOOB
March 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
The only think I don't like about 40SW is how the cases get all stuck together with 9mm and 45. (I reload). Other than that, I think it's a great caliber. Mag capacity close to 9mm level, and filling your range bag with ammo doesn't turn it into a bag of bricks like 45ACP. Can be downloaded to 9mm level. And can be downloaded to 45ACP level, too. Ok, that last bit was (mostly) a joke.

No interest in 357SIG or 10mm, here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calibers: Buy(s), Sale(s) and Keeper(s)?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!