Interesting development from Russia...

PDA

SDC
March 31, 2012, 09:57 PM
This is something that a Russian designer named Baryshev has worked out; a CONTROLLABLE full-auto full-power rifle that operates as a delayed blow-back. He has made these in calibres from 5.45 to 30mm grenade, and the link shows the 7.62x39, 7.62x54, and 30mm versions being fired, with a remarkable lack of recoil. Here's a shot of the bolt design he submitted with his patent application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugcLyrSdT1s&feature=g-vrec&context=G251221fRVAAAAAAAABA

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting development from Russia..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
March 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
Fascinating! Open bolt, no less.

Hmmm, can't get away from the top-cover, it seems. You'd think they'd want a better sight layout by now.

Airborne Falcon
March 31, 2012, 10:41 PM
It's already been surpassed by our electric guns - long ago, has it not?

I mean it is neat and all, but I'm wondering where it would fit-in in modern weaponry either on the battlefield or in the private civilian world?

wacki
March 31, 2012, 10:56 PM
The double shot scene with the paper targets was impressive.

TurtlePhish
March 31, 2012, 10:56 PM
That is REALLY cool. No recoil on the 7.62x39, and the x54r recoil looks like that of the AKM.

56hawk
March 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
I don't think the controllability has anything to do with the firing mechanism. If you look at the stock design, the barrel is in line with the center of the stock so recoil is straight back without the muzzle flip you get with the AKM. Watch an AR-10 or SCAR in full auto and you'll notice it looks the same.

il_10
April 1, 2012, 06:17 PM
The description says they were made in the 70's.

Sam Cade
April 1, 2012, 07:13 PM
Neat. Too bad it didn't actually work worth a durn.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/baryshev-ab-762-avb-762-e.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting development from Russia..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!