FNP 45 owners...

PDA

jef2015
April 1, 2012, 04:23 PM
I have a FNP 45 which may have 1k rounds down the barrel. It has performed very well so far and no complaints until now. I noticed the front slide rails are peening and cracking on the forward edge.

The good thing is they are replaceable and only $6 apiece. I haven't contacted FN, but doubt they will pay shipping and really don't want to be without for a month to send it in.

Anyone else have this problem?

If you enjoyed reading about "FNP 45 owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rubikees
April 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
No. I had a mag problem and they replaced all three of my mags.

mes228
April 2, 2012, 07:58 AM
I have the FN .45 tactical. Can't remember why I think the following (and it may be wrong!). Might be in the owners manual, or from speaking to FN, or on the web site. But I believe the rails life is estimated at 35,000 rounds and have a life time warranty. If they fail or need replacement FN will do it. I'm no gunsmith so I have no opinion if that's a problem or not shown in the pictures.

If you enjoyed reading about "FNP 45 owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!