92FS Fouled up

PDA

BerettaBob
April 1, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem with my Beretta 92fs. I'll fire about two to three rounds through the thing and then the hammer drops into double action for no reason.
As you know, every time the slide travels rearward the hammer should lock back into single action. I've tested it with different ammo and cleaned it to a mirror-like sheen and it still does it every few rounds. Nothing else is wrong with the pistol. It still goes "bang" everytime I pull the trigger. I've been told that I should just "let it go". Call me crazy but there is something I don't like about my $600+ machine not working correctly.
I figure a spring or something is worn down but I'm not sure. I'm low on money (as always) so I haven't gotten a chance to take it to a gunsmith. If anyone could offer any advice I'd be very thankfull. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "92FS Fouled up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
April 2, 2012, 12:11 AM
I had the same problem with a Taurus T-92. I was told it was just dirty. I got rid of it.

The-Reaver
April 2, 2012, 12:19 AM
It doesn't go off when it " Falls " into double action?

BerettaBob
April 2, 2012, 12:47 AM
Actually, Reaver a better way to say it is that it fails to go into single action. It doesn't lock the hammer back. Its as if I racked the slide with the safety/decocker on. The hammer just resets into double action when it should be in single action.

UnclesNucleus
April 2, 2012, 12:51 AM
Call beretta if u just bought it.

BerettaBob
April 2, 2012, 12:52 AM
I've had it for about a year and take very good care of it. I bought it used like new. If it helps it was made in '09.

Shipwreck
April 2, 2012, 07:28 AM
I would join the beretta forum and ask there, if I were you...

Friendly, Don't Fire!
April 2, 2012, 07:42 AM
Just having it for one year, I am sure Beretta would take care of you. If you have thoroughly-cleaned it, and if you are positive you have it properly-assembled, I would want the factory to see it.

I realize that means contacting them, getting a Return Authorization Number and shipping it to them, however, only then will you know that anything done is within factory spec's!

MikeJackmin
April 2, 2012, 07:58 AM
It should not do that. Send it back to Beretta, when you get it back it will work perfectly, and you'll have it the way you want.

pcf
April 2, 2012, 08:09 AM
Does it only do it when you hold the trigger back? Is there a groove worn into the disconnector hump on the back of the trigger bar?

BerettaBob
April 2, 2012, 10:35 AM
I'll look into contacting Beretta. And pfc, as far as I can tell no parts are visually worn and it happens whether the trigger is pulled back or not. Thank for the help everybody.

If you enjoyed reading about "92FS Fouled up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!