This commercial SHOULD be funny, but it's not

PDA

Quoheleth
April 2, 2012, 09:25 AM
A couple months ago, a Houston man stopped a home invasion by running down the street with his Desert Eagle and intervening. Here's the story. http://www.khou.com/news/Bellaire-man-chases-down-suspect-after-neighbor-robbed-at-gunpoint-139325908.html

Turns out that the Double Eagle-toting Lone Ranger is a car salesman (owner?) at my local Chevy dealer and he is now trying to capitolize on his 2 minutes of fame from February. Watch this clip. It should be funny, but as a citizen of the community in which he works, I have to wonder what the effective range of his .50 is. I'm about 3 miles from his dealership. The way he's "controlling" his fire and then waving his muzzle around, do you think I'm safe or do I need to sandbag the south side of my house? :cuss:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/04/02/deagle-derp-at-texas-chevrolet-dealership/?ref=nf

On the positive side, now I know the Chevy dealer is gun-friendly. Sadly, I know the salesman is gun-stupid.

Q

If you enjoyed reading about "This commercial SHOULD be funny, but it's not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sky
April 2, 2012, 09:33 AM
Well different strokes for different folks but I did not care for the commercial.

bikerdoc
April 2, 2012, 09:33 AM
That guy needs lots of prayers.

SleazyRider
April 2, 2012, 09:38 AM
I'm embarrassed for him.

ZeSpectre
April 2, 2012, 09:41 AM
I'm embarrassed for the rest of us.

smokey30725
April 2, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wow.......

ojh
April 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
After watching that I'm ashamed being a Finn.

Mt Shooter
April 2, 2012, 09:59 AM
He needs to learn to keep the finger off the trigger.

TarDevil
April 2, 2012, 11:13 AM
Or Texan? ;)

ForumSurfer
April 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
I'm embarrassed for the rest of us.

I'd probably write the dealership and express that if I lived there. As a matter of fact, I may do it anyway. 4 rules always apply...even during commercials.

Double Naught Spy
April 2, 2012, 11:46 AM
Not on his watch? What, he thinks he is George Zimmerman?

Sig Bill
April 2, 2012, 11:53 AM
Good lord! What an idiot.

Tommygunn
April 2, 2012, 12:03 PM
Reminds me a bit of TV's "Sledge Hammer" character.........

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing.":evil:

Giterboosted
April 2, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hehe the link is called deagle derp, I lol'd

EmbarkChief
April 2, 2012, 01:56 PM
Drive by that dealership at least once a month on my way through Crosby. Maybe I'll start thowing out used brass at night just to make him paranoid.

Claude Clay
April 2, 2012, 02:17 PM
....shortly following his 'watch' the internet was closed.

THowie
April 2, 2012, 02:53 PM
That just wasn't even remotely funny. What was his thinking behind that?

Certaindeaf
April 2, 2012, 02:59 PM
One shot, one shill.

Manson
April 2, 2012, 03:04 PM
Yike's:what:

dajowi
April 2, 2012, 03:53 PM
Looks like an accident waiting to happen. The news media always focuses on the NUTS!

blarby
April 2, 2012, 03:58 PM
Wow.

At least you don't have to worry about getting hit after the first shot......

Its cheeky, but we've seen worse.

MtnCreek
April 2, 2012, 04:31 PM
If I were going to spend money on advertising, I would have hired some hot girls to prance around the cars & trucks. A hot girl sitting on the hood of a jacked-up truck would sell a lot more cars than this guy...

Certaindeaf
April 2, 2012, 04:37 PM
If I were going to spend money on advertising, I would have hired some hot girls to prance around the cars & trucks. A hot girl sitting on the hood of a jacked-up truck would sell a lot more cars than this guy...
Vern Fonk is a god from hereabouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWpoUMbqJE&feature=player_detailpage

silverking
April 2, 2012, 07:09 PM
Won't ever see me anywhere near that place------I'm not a Chevy guy.

Swing
April 2, 2012, 07:15 PM
Reminds me a bit of TV's "Sledge Hammer" character.........

LMAO!

Bojangles7
April 2, 2012, 08:09 PM
I remember watching that news story when it happened and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I didn't know it was in Crosby, that's right across the lake from me.

I thought he was Russian.

Quoheleth
April 2, 2012, 10:18 PM
The burgler he caught was near his home in Bellaire. His dealership is in Crosby.

Q

Nugilum
April 3, 2012, 12:09 AM
Holy <BEEP>! :eek:

FIVETWOSEVEN
April 3, 2012, 12:32 AM
He apparently doesn't like conceal carry considering he has a "No Concealed weapons" sign at the door. It's not a 30.06 sign but it's an outdated one.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/288701v.jpg

jk2008
April 3, 2012, 01:17 AM
Looked like he was going to lose his grip on the gun after the fifth shot...

Tomcat47
April 3, 2012, 01:22 AM
Im With smokey.....speechless!

WOW!..........:scrutiny:

EmbarkChief
April 3, 2012, 11:18 AM
It has been hypothesized that many business in Texas display an incorrect sign on purpose, knowing that those with a CHL know better and it keeps the tree huggers happy.

Mp7
April 3, 2012, 11:35 AM
#Facepalm.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dwLTXAGvG_I/TdGbZxp4sKI/AAAAAAAAHbI/py03MHdMqWM/s1600/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Manco
April 3, 2012, 12:19 PM
That just wasn't even remotely funny.

Was it even intended to be? I would say no.... :uhoh:

wannabeagunsmith
April 4, 2012, 03:26 PM
I am a jeep guy so naturally I didn't agree with the commercial from the start.

SimplyChad
April 4, 2012, 03:37 PM
Of all the resposible gun owners this guy is on tv. *FACEPALM*

JTHunter
April 5, 2012, 12:35 AM
From that commercial, he seemed to have trouble keeping his grip on the DE while shooting it in that indoor range. Did you see how that muzzle was flipping all over the place, esp. to the upper left? It looked like the recoil even caused him to lose the grip of his left hand in front of the trigger.

FROGO207
April 5, 2012, 08:22 AM
Kind of reinforces the perceived intelligence of the stereotypical car salesman don't it.:banghead::D

cougar1717
April 5, 2012, 03:19 PM
Let me write the next Finnisher commerical:

Buyer: I've been all over town. My credit is so bad, I can't get the car I need!
Narrator: Can't get a car with your credit?
Finnisher: Not on my watch!
Buyer: Wow, you're the Finnisher! I need a car - can you help me?
Finnisher: Yes, at John Keating Chevrolet we tackle bad credit just like Ray Lewis.
Buyer: Thanks - But what happens if I lose my job and can't pay?
Finnisher: 'Stop talking or I will shoot you!’ [And bam! Shot one on the ground]
Narrator: John Keating Chevrolet - Home of the Finnisher!

Note: the opinions expressed are not necessarilly those of The High Road or anyone other than the author.

Godsgunman
April 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
Judging by the video of him shooting, the safest place would be directly in front of him about 10 ft away LOL. If they would have shown the target there might be one hole in it maybe from the first shot.

x_wrench
April 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
Drive by that dealership at least once a month on my way through Crosby. Maybe I'll start thowing out used brass at night just to make him paranoid.

THAT, is FUNNY! DO IT, A LOT!

The news media always focuses on the NUTS! AMEN!

While he might make a great neighbor, i am not so sure i would be so excited about buying a car from him. i do not mind at all that he wants to protect those in need. we all should be willing to help those who need it. i am not so crazy about him walking all over the place with his bright shiny desert eagle flashing all over the place. i have no problem with open carry, in a holster. but walking around with a gun in your hand, is a little whacky to say the least.

egg250
April 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
Some of you need to lighten up. This is a case of a businessman attempting to capitalize on a positive news story in which he was the focus. I agree, it was a low budget commercial, just like 99% of the rest of the local car dealerships.

Double Naught Spy
April 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
It isn't the $ cost of the commercial that is the concern

BSA1
April 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
Well I like it. It never hurts to laugh at yourself in the mirror once in a while.

THe Dove
April 14, 2012, 01:37 PM
He apparently doesn't like conceal carry considering he has a "No Concealed weapons" sign at the door. It's not a 30.06 sign but it's an outdated one.

I thought it was a "No Smoking" sign on the door???

The Dove

If you enjoyed reading about "This commercial SHOULD be funny, but it's not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!