Where Do You Keep Your Firearms?

PDA

the iron horse
April 3, 2012, 09:08 PM
Mine, the few I have, are not in a gun cabinet that's for sure.

-under a couch

-under my bed

-top of the fridge

-by the front door beside a potted plant

If you enjoyed reading about "Where Do You Keep Your Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
paintballdude902
April 3, 2012, 09:10 PM
in the gun rack at my mommy and daddys house, plus a few pistols in my buddy's safe. hopefully ill be off base here soon and in my own house so i can move some of my guns down here

oh and i have my 9mm and 10/22 in the armory

357 Terms
April 3, 2012, 09:12 PM
Carry guns in quick access safe, bedside.

Everything else in locked safe.

longknife12
April 3, 2012, 09:14 PM
Aside from a couple of house guns, they stayin safes in loading room.
Dan

Jorg Nysgerrig
April 3, 2012, 09:24 PM
I predict this is a thread that is going to get a lot of "MYOB!" responses. Let's just consider that quoted "MYOB!" as the response for those who wish to reply that way and let those who wish to contribute to do so.

searcher451
April 3, 2012, 09:27 PM
If they aren't in the gun safe, either in my hand or on my person or, at night, on the night stand next to the bed.

Formula94
April 3, 2012, 09:31 PM
On my belt or in a safe.

happygeek
April 3, 2012, 09:38 PM
In a Winchester safe that apparently satisfies the CA safe storage requirement judging by the sticker on it's door. I don't believe in 'safe storage' laws, but I think it's a good idea to lock your stuff up, plus I've got de-humidifiers in there. I keep my more expensive knives in there just because of the de-humidifier.

Ironically about 5x as many people get stabbed to death as killed with a rifle (http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_08.html), but I haven't seen any "safety groups" like the Brady Campaign call for safe storage laws for knives.

I don't think the Mosin I just ordered is going to fit in my safe ...

Speaking of knives, gratuitous picture of aforementioned knife attached.

Teachu2
April 3, 2012, 09:40 PM
I have grandkids over often, so if it's not on me it's safely locked and out of reach.

When I go on vacation, they go to a secure location elsewhere. Paperwork left in my safe will tell my oldest son how to retrieve them.

BUCKrub91
April 3, 2012, 09:45 PM
all of them are in my gun cabinet except double barrel 12 gauge coach gun next to my bed

Jeff F
April 3, 2012, 09:50 PM
Theres a couple 870's and a few sidearms scattered about the house. Everything else is locked up. House guns get locked up when the dog goes with us for road trips.

tnelson31
April 3, 2012, 10:34 PM
Bank

writerinmo
April 3, 2012, 11:15 PM
One on my belt, one in my pocket. One in the wife's nightstand unless the grandkids are coming over, then it goes in the safe along with most of the rest of them. My SHTF stock are in a secret hiding place, the safe is mostly a diversionary tactic in case BG's ever do burglarize the place they'll get the Mosin's and pellet rifles out of the safe and think that's all I had...

303tom
April 3, 2012, 11:42 PM
In the Arms Room..................

beatledog7
April 3, 2012, 11:48 PM
Right where they belong.

arizona_cards_11
April 3, 2012, 11:48 PM
My 1911 is under my pillow.....hehehe

Stevie-Ray
April 4, 2012, 12:05 AM
EDC on me at all times, except bedtime when it is on the nightstand, along with the flashlight. Rest are in the gun safe.

Auf Grosser Fahrt
April 4, 2012, 12:06 AM
Three long guns on a rack in master BR, three pistols in master BR closet, one pistol in nightstand.

No cartridges in any of them but the nightstand gun. :eek:

Auf Grosser Fahrt
April 4, 2012, 12:09 AM
Or is that where they are? Hmmmmm.....

BLB68
April 4, 2012, 03:00 AM
On me, or locked up.

Twiki357
April 4, 2012, 03:43 AM
Scattered all over the house and loaded. If my daughter ever gives me a grandkid, it will probably take me a week to secure them all.

postalnut25
April 4, 2012, 03:52 AM
In the Arms Room..................
Jealous!!

I want a whole arms room in my house one day! Maybe when I win the lottery.

Unless you mean the arms room on base for your unit, then I'm sorry.

Inebriated
April 4, 2012, 03:58 AM
In the safe, and one on the nightstand, ready to go. I'm not really comfortable keeping any gun Condition 1 outside of a holster or safe, so I keep it (Glock 21) in my Safariland ALS. Press the tab, and the holster falls right off. I also leave a flashlight and spare mag there.

303tom
April 4, 2012, 09:43 AM
Jealous!!

I want a whole arms room in my house one day! Maybe when I win the lottery.

Unless you mean the arms room on base for your unit, then I'm sorry.
I mean my Arms Room at home...............

horsemen61
April 4, 2012, 10:23 AM
I keep them just about every wear one in every room of my place and a few at my parents house.

mcdonl
April 4, 2012, 10:27 AM
I store mine in a gun cabinet, like everyone else I know... well.. I know a couple of guys with safes but they are new to firearms. A gun cabinet is furniture in my culture. Always has been. I have gotten bigger and bigger cabinets over the years but they all have some sort of wildlife pattern, and "wheatie" type scroll work on them with glass doors. Then there is the nightstand, glove box and trapping bucket. Yes, I keep a gun in a bucket for roughly 6 months of the year and the other 6 months it goes to a tackle box.

sawdeanz
April 4, 2012, 06:55 PM
I've got my pistol in.a zippered case in a surplus .50 cal ammo can with room for cleaning supplies and some little packets of silicon whenever I find them (it is fairly airtight anyway). I found a way to use my pistol's included cable lock to lock the can. I hide the ammo elsewhere in some old surplus bags and such.

JSpear
April 4, 2012, 08:09 PM
Here and there, having got a gun safe yet, saving up for it,

baylorattorney
April 4, 2012, 08:18 PM
BATFE warehouse. Lol

Waste not want not. :)

exavid
April 4, 2012, 08:34 PM
One pistol on my person or on the nightstand at night. The rest are in the safe, loaded and ready.

The War Wagon
April 4, 2012, 09:28 PM
NEAR me... in a couple of Stack-On cabinets... in MY "arms room (doubles as my personal home office)." :D

zxcvbob
April 4, 2012, 09:36 PM
They're all over the place. I need to stash one securely off-site and get the others under control. At least all of them that are loaded are in holsters.

One is right here on the couch next to me.

None of the rifles are loaded, but I have loaded mags and clips handy (in case of zombies.)

ktmmudd
April 4, 2012, 09:43 PM
Happy geek, is that a Chris Reeve? His Green Beret knife is on my list of to get knives.

Magnuumpwr
April 4, 2012, 09:52 PM
In two gun rooms.

happygeek
April 5, 2012, 01:23 AM
Happy geek, is that a Chris Reeve? His Green Beret knife is on my list of to get knives.

Checking the paper that came in it's box it appears to be; I got it for winning a competition.

It's got a serial # on the other side. It looks like a really good knife, but I don't plan on actually using it for anything. It's too nice to mess up.

shiftyer1
April 5, 2012, 01:34 AM
The majority are looked up the rest are where I may need them, scattered around the house, the shed, my workshop, the chicken coop and my truck.

The ones in the sheds and coop couldn't be sold to pay for a good bottle of whiskey, they're junk guns bought for that purpose....but they work.

allaroundhunter
April 5, 2012, 02:50 AM
My carry gun (M&P9)? On my hip or in a quick access safe next to my bed, always loaded.

AR? In the safe (unloaded) or on a shelf that is used as a safe room in the house (loaded)

Other rifles? In the safe, unloaded.

Shotguns? In the safe, unloaded.

Glock 19? In the safe, unloaded.

doc2rn
April 5, 2012, 03:43 AM
Only two guns loaded in my house are the one on my hip and the shottie with a quick combo cable lock through it. All others properly stored in safe.

Infidel4life11
April 5, 2012, 08:30 AM
My bolt guns are in the safe. I don't have kids so the pistols are within arms reach. Shotgun just inside the closet.

sugarmaker
April 5, 2012, 08:34 AM
in safes

ultradoc
April 5, 2012, 09:03 AM
In a hollowed out book. A refridgerator. Each side of my bed. Closet. Medicine cabinet. Under the staircase. Under the sink. Gun rack. Roof joist. Behind coffee pot. Oh. And on myself. :]

Jeremiah10:23
April 5, 2012, 09:34 AM
I keep mine in a large fluorescent orange box in front yard with a sign that says "Here are my Guns, enjoy"

If you are looking for ideas of where to keep them, be original. Find a place that is not a "normal" storage area. Closets and bedrooms are the first place people will look.

A.Rifleman
April 6, 2012, 01:03 AM
Take a look at the Snap Safe. It's easy to move.

http://www.snapsafe.com/

http://www.snapsafe.com/images/index/assemble_img.jpg

Guy B. Meredith
April 6, 2012, 04:41 AM
In storage or at hand.

Bassleg
April 6, 2012, 05:24 AM
Next to my bed or on my person.

dirtengineer
April 6, 2012, 05:27 AM
Carry guns in quick access safe, bedside.

Everything else in locked safe.
This.

Sauer Grapes
April 6, 2012, 07:37 PM
edc on me at all times, except bedtime when it is on the nightstand, along with the flashlight. Rest are in the gun safe.
this! ^^^^^^^

Ditchtiger
April 7, 2012, 12:22 AM
Close at hand.

BUCKrub91
April 7, 2012, 12:56 AM
Scattered all over the house and loaded.

Just as they should be

Lee D
April 7, 2012, 12:38 PM
where they need to be.

22-rimfire
April 8, 2012, 07:12 AM
At the police department.... just kidding.

I keep the ones I routinely shoot in my man cave/home office for the most part. The others are generally locked up.

kimberkid
April 8, 2012, 08:35 AM
Aside from a couple of house guns, they stayin safes in loading room.
Dan
^ this

frankmako
April 8, 2012, 08:58 AM
in the safe and on my body.

Trunk Monkey
April 8, 2012, 09:17 AM
If no one's said it yet let me point out that all the uber secret hiding places you can think up a thief already knows about

dragon813gt
April 8, 2012, 10:33 AM
Where the kids cant get to them but I can.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

ball3006
April 8, 2012, 07:14 PM
In my pocket.................................................chris3

SquareBeer
April 30, 2012, 12:51 AM
We have a s/g downstairs by the couch.
hk 45 and walther p380 next to the couch in the biometric finger print safe.
hk 45 in another biometric finger print safe master bedroom.
mossy cruiser in bedroom.
.223 in bedroom closet.
lol something in the computer room and another suprise in the workout room.

surprises are wonderful!:what:

hang fire
April 30, 2012, 05:52 AM
Within reach at all times.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
April 30, 2012, 06:33 AM
Keep them in my safe, except two pistols. One stays near me the other near my wife.

FAS1
April 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
If there's not one on me there is always one here:

FAS1 SAFE Video Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8)

shuvelrider
April 30, 2012, 02:11 PM
No one's business but mine. Don't want to be an alarmist conspiracy nut, but cannot certain federal agency's track a website, forum contributors back to the source of transmission------like your home? Maybe I'm staying up to late here in Bagram, remind self to get some tinfoil from messhall.:D:D:neener::neener:

kenshomi
April 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Yes everything could be traced back to the nic number on your device. Lots of work but doable.
Your trips to the range or your property are easily monitored too.

Rail Driver
April 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
I keep my long guns on a rack and my pistols either in my holster on my hip, or on a rack in my "man-cave".

If you think "they" are not monitoring everything we do already, you're mistaken.

Besides... After CISPA passes and gets signed into law (already passed the house by a disgusting majority), it'll be that much easier (with no legal recourse for us "regular folk") to spy on us.

neverenough75
April 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
America is GREAT!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! My guns are at home, where the heart is and the ammo.

postalnut25
April 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
At the police department.... just kidding.

I keep the ones I routinely shoot in my man cave/home office for the most part. The others are generally locked up.
They are at the Police Department----- And I'm not kidding.

I keep my duty gun, my work rifle, and at least one of my back-ups at work all the time.

The other guns I have usually stay in a safe at home.

medalguy
May 1, 2012, 12:01 AM
Well let's see..... a 12 ga short barrel behind the front door, a Win 97 beside the bed, an 870 out in the garage in the loading room, some in a safe in the bedroom "just in case" and the rest in the vault. Oh yeah, at least one on me at all times. Oh, and one in my wife's purse.

Did I forget anything? :scrutiny:

Kiln
May 1, 2012, 06:33 AM
Revolver on the nightstand, shotgun in the corner, all other pistols and rifles in the steel gun cabinet.

Skribs
May 1, 2012, 12:52 PM
If I don't have them locked up, I'd at least like to have them hidden. Which means long guns in a safe in the closet, handguns scattered. Unfortunately, this means I need a couple more handguns to have one in each room.

I only say unfortunately because of my wallet.

Tony617
May 1, 2012, 01:03 PM
Locked up in a safe. I typically take the shotgun out at night and put it by the nightstand for easy reach. I also have a pistol and I found a holster that fits between the mattress and boxspring made by blackhawk called the bedside holster.

timhernandez
May 1, 2012, 01:11 PM
Locked in the safe, unloaded, with mags and speed loaders at hand if necessary.

Too many kids in and out to do anything else in my current situation.

dubya450
May 1, 2012, 09:47 PM
I used to keep them in my walk in bedroom closet but i started running out of room as I'm buying multiple guns a year. Now that i just bought my first house I finally decided to shell out the money for one of the nice, huge liberty gun safes from cabelas. It was expensive but it'll be well worth it in the long haul, especially having a baby on the way. But now that ill have my own house ill definitely find/make a few safe (from everyone but me and girlfriend) secret spots that we could get to a weapon in a hurry if needed.

wwace
May 2, 2012, 02:41 AM
Well they won't all fit in my big safe so I have about 25 or so in my office/hangout area. Plus a couple hidden here and there in the garage and boileroom.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where Do You Keep Your Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!