Found yet another use for REM Oil

PDA

FROGO207
April 3, 2012, 11:11 PM
I ran out of Goo Gone the other day and forgot to get more. So I get a couple of old plastic CCI bullet boxes from the trash can at the range. I want to store some of my loose .22 bulk in them but when I peeled the labels off them the adhesive stayed on the cover and box. I tried several things to remove it, rubbing alcohol, Dawn, Hand cleaner and the like. I did not want to hurt the plastic so I thought about it for a couple of minutes and remembered that once I had spilled some REM Oil in my cleaning box and the label on a plastic CCI box had come off from the bottom on me at that time. So I rubbed some on and WOW the adheasive came off easily. Thought I would let you all know about this use.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Found yet another use for REM Oil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Certaindeaf
April 3, 2012, 11:23 PM
WD-40 works good too.

Fishslayer
April 4, 2012, 02:00 AM
WD-40 works good too.

WD-40 is what I use.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
April 4, 2012, 02:21 AM
Lighter fluid (Naphtha) works wonders as well, lol.

Bovice
April 4, 2012, 02:30 AM
The reason is simple. Like dissolves like. The chemical compound of that adhesive is similar to the oil. If you have something like oil and water, they stay separate, and nothing is broken down/dissolved.

roadchoad
April 4, 2012, 10:46 AM
Next time just heat the label with a heat gun or hair dryer. The warm glue doesn't hold as well and the labels peel right off. Much less messy.

Sam Cade
April 4, 2012, 10:52 AM
Peanut butter works as well. Rem Oil is terrible on sammitches.

ErikO
April 4, 2012, 12:16 PM
I use kroil to clean off stickyness, but then again I like the scent.

beatledog7
April 4, 2012, 12:24 PM
Goo-gone is the bomb, but I too have used these other things. Best thing about Goo-Gone is that it leaves nothing discernible behind.

Fishslayer
April 4, 2012, 03:05 PM
I use kroil to clean off stickyness, but then again I like the scent.

So do I. It's almost as expensive as Chanel, too!:D

FROGO207
April 4, 2012, 09:36 PM
Roadchoad that was after I heated it up with the hair dryer and peeled the label off. The sticky old adheasive crap that was left behind sorta thing. You could press your hand into either the paper or the plastic and it would stay attached to your hand.:mad:

tech30528
April 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
About a month ago I stopped at the local beer store and the door hinges squeaked when I opened the door.. again. Turned around and went back to my truck, grabbed the CLP can out of the glove box. A month later, the door is still quiet. :)

mes228
April 5, 2012, 06:15 AM
RemOil works amazingly on aluminum shower curtain rods. Keeps metal curtain rings sliding for months and months. Long after the RemOil appears gone - the Teflon is there still working. This (and use) made me a believer in it's anti-galling ability for stainless and aluminum frame pistols. In combo with a modern synthetic grease on the rails , I believe it the "best available". Love the stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found yet another use for REM Oil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!