Help with ruger blackhawk

PDA

qwert65
April 5, 2012, 11:23 AM
I was shooting my black hawk yesterday andwas using the 45acp cylinder
I went to switch to the lc cylinder and the pin that holds the cylinder in came out easy but won't go back in I mean not an inch.
I've had this gun for 10 years no problems anybody have any advice?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with ruger blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 5, 2012, 12:45 PM
Look at the flange on the base pin near the grasping end.

I believe there might be a small semi-circle cut on the flange that must be aligned with the barrel curve or it won't go back in. It will be cocked sideways and bind up.

It actually locks the pin from turning with the cylinder and wearing out the holes in the frame.

rc

qwert65
April 5, 2012, 06:49 PM
thanks rc thats what it was. I dont know how it happened though(guess I must of twisted it but damned if I know how). bent it pulling it out so gotta get a new one. Thanks a bunch for the help!

BBBBill
April 5, 2012, 07:25 PM
If you must get a replacement, you might want to consider getting a Belt Mountain pin. They come oversize to minimize the "slop" between the cylinder, frame, and pin.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with ruger blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!