iwb holster squicking

PDA

rem700nut
April 5, 2012, 08:54 PM
have two kramer iwb holster and the belt loops squike from the loops and belt rubbing ,what can i use on the loops to keep them from squikeing,even my wife hears it

If you enjoyed reading about "iwb holster squicking" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
theCovertone
April 5, 2012, 08:59 PM
This problem is addressed a few threads down:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=652558

Also, for future reference, it is "squeak".

The Lone Haranguer
April 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
Try some talcum or baby powder. And are the holster(s) and belt brand new? Usually this goes away over time as the belt and loops break in and "mate" to each other. Also, while it is not vital that the loops fit the belt closely, you really don't want more than 1/4" difference in width, either.

Turn Key
April 5, 2012, 09:01 PM
Lexol is a good leather conditioner.

I buy mine from a local saddle shop, but I'm sure you can find Lexol online.

TK

The Lone Haranguer
April 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
If Lexol only acts as a preservative, or some sort of lubricant at areas of direct contact, no problem. If it softens leather, you don't want this for a belt or holster. Also, does it dry or stay wet? This could get onto clothing.

rem700nut
April 5, 2012, 09:30 PM
no belt and holster are not new they are about 5 years old

don p
April 6, 2012, 08:52 PM
Candle wax has worked for me in the past. Now if I squeak, I squeak 99% of the folks have no idea or even hear it. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "iwb holster squicking" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!