Remington 512 disassembly

PDA

clone
April 5, 2012, 10:48 PM
I bought a 512 in rough shape and I would like to do a detailed strip and clean. Anyone know how to remove the trigger assembly and lifter without loosing parts? Is there any difficulty's I should look out for?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 512 disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
April 5, 2012, 11:16 PM
All I do to clean the trigger/lifter (rarely) is hose it out really well with CLP or RemOil then blast it out with an air compressor. How rough shape is it in?

clone
April 5, 2012, 11:46 PM
It has been sitting for a looong time and the oil that was used has solidified and turned gummy, a bit like cosmoline.

Another reason is that I like to become familiarized with its internal workings, as I like to do with all of my firearms.

TurtlePhish
April 6, 2012, 11:06 AM
Ick. Brake cleaner?

I've never given mine a full disassembly, only because the lifter assembly seems kinda complicated, plus I have no idea where to start.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 512 disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!