Umarex

PDA

UnclesNucleus
April 6, 2012, 10:30 AM
Im looking to buy a 1911, and I'm torn between the Umarex regent at academy for 45o in store or the 420 ria at buds. Any real difference between these clones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Umarex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rule303
April 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
Both are decent guns, and a good value. RIA stands behind their stuff 100%, not sure about Umarex. I sold a lot of the Regents when they were imported by IAC, but have no experience with Umarex other than their crappy .22 1911 and M4 copies.

UnclesNucleus
April 6, 2012, 02:25 PM
I have looked at both websites and I know that ria is a contractor for another large maker and then Umarex is a conglomerate for hk and colt so I'm guessing it "should" be of colt reliability.

wild cat mccane
April 6, 2012, 02:55 PM
actually Uramex and Walther are owned together. Walther makes their guns separate. Walther makes the greats (P99, PPQ, PPS, Walther rifles etc). Uramex makes the P22, SP22, PK380 and uses the Walther name.

HK and Colt have Uramex make their guns and slap their label on it. Hk nor Colt own Uramex.

UnclesNucleus
April 6, 2012, 03:25 PM
I think I'll go for the Rock island just because my wife is Filipino.

Hunterdad
April 6, 2012, 04:34 PM
I have the regent and love it. Even with the fixed sights, its easily my most accurate handgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Umarex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!