Remington Model 1858 accuracy testing.

PDA

Sharpie443
April 8, 2012, 01:58 AM
Took my revolver out to the range and decided to do a video showing the accuracy of these cap and ball revolvers. I get a lot of crap from people at the range and online when I bring this gun out or show it in a video. People seem to think that these are inaccurate, unsafe, a pain to shoot. I'm probably not going to change anyone's mind but i thought I would give it a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDG0lMbyHis&list=UU_i0O7tE8cUH0CTk3VqtM6w&index=1&feature=plcp

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Model 1858 accuracy testing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shultzhaus
April 8, 2012, 08:03 AM
Don't worry about the comments. Just have fun like the rest of us. Yes, they are more accurate than some think they are. Practice a lot, and prove it to them.

BullRunBear
April 8, 2012, 09:34 AM
Sharpie,

Welcome to TheHighRoad.

Pay no heed to the grunts and carping of the heathens. :rolleyes: My various C&B revolvers are accurate and fun. If others don't like the pace of the shooting or the little extra time in cleaning, that is their loss. (And more black powder for us.) There's also the satisfaction of outshooting their Glocks, S&Ws, etc., when I'm having a good range session. Not that I take delight in such things. :evil:

Jeff

4v50 Gary
April 8, 2012, 10:06 AM
What BullRunBear says. Ignore dem heathens and forgive them their sins for the joy of The Holy Black (hats off, head bowed in prayer) is unbeknownst to them.

Happy Easter one and all.

BCRider
April 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
The couple of times I've shot my Remington or Colt BP relicas they were as accurate as I can manage with modern guns. In fact when I had my 1860 replica out a few months back it shot groups tighter than I normally manage. And it did that for the 6 or 8 cylinders worth consistently.

There's only one way to "edumacate the heathens" and that is to punch some nice groups in paper and then keep a few of the better ones with you to show them.

Rogue Coder
April 8, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sharp to be honest I prefer my Remington over my hi point c9 as pistol of choice. I have nothing against my c9. There is something about a giant cloud of smoke after pulling the trigger that I enjoy more.

Sharpie443
April 9, 2012, 02:23 AM
Thanks. I get a lot of looks when i bring that thing out at the local indoor range but the owner knows me so I'm not about to get kicked out for smoking the place up.

Sharpie443
April 9, 2012, 02:25 AM
I love my Remington but the colt I owned shot about a foot high and i ended up trading it. That was a few years ago and now that I know how to fix that i regret trading it. Eventually I'll get around to getting another one.

BCRider
April 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
None of the indoor ranges around here will allow actual black powder. If you look out on the floor from the firing line you'll see a lot of "dust" which is actually unburned smokeless powder. They are afraid that the copious sparks of burning BP shot out the end may land on that and cause a flare up. But apparently Pyrodex or 777 is OK. But they don't make as much smoke so where's the fun in THAT! :D

1858remington
April 13, 2012, 03:02 AM
I can attest to setting the unburned range powder alight.:eek:

I was shooting an NEF 12ga muzzleloader in an indoor range and whoom! the floor was alight.:eek: Sparks from my muzzle worked good at lighting that powder up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Model 1858 accuracy testing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!