beretta cheetah 32 acp swap?

PDA

Whistling Moon
April 8, 2012, 08:53 PM
Unfortunately for myself, every time I want a particular gun in a certain caliber it happens to be the hardest ever to find, (for example, a blued Walther PPK/S in .32, seems to be one if the rarest of all variants).

For collection purposes, I'm looking for a brand new Beretta Cheetah in 32 ACP. I keep seeing info that says they were discontinued in the 80's, but that's presumably for the US only since Beretta's main site still lists the model 81 (double stack 32). I dont think I can import one and that would mean there aren't any to be had, so my main question is: could I buy an 80's model 81 and swap the barrel and mags (and other needed internals, if any) into a new .380 model 84fs? I would think the pressures are close enough never to have warranted a heavier slide or frame, but not sure about barrel thickness. Would the circumference be the same as the .380, just with a .32 bore? Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you enjoyed reading about "beretta cheetah 32 acp swap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "beretta cheetah 32 acp swap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!